Chapter 1

Aries gazed out of the train's windows as he left everything he knew behind. Fury towards the Capitol built up in him, but he knew his hatred was going to get him nowhere. Trying incredibly hard to resist the urge to break the windows and jump out, he shifted in his seat and stuffed his hands in his lap.

Taurus didn't know what to do. She had to accept the situation and move on. Freaking out was not a solution, and she knew staying calm would just benefit her in every way. Her stomach stirred. She wasn't sure if it was hunger or nervousness.

Gemini was restless. She bounced up and down in her seat and chattered endlessly to herself. Most people ate or slept when they were nervous, but she would talk. And once she got started, it was almost impossible to get her to stop.

Cancer didn't know what to do. She wanted to give up. This whole thing was hopeless. What was there to be hopeful of? She was heading towards her own death. Tears streamed down her face. The only thing that kept her going was the fact that she had a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless, of getting out alive.

Leo had nothing to fear. He was charming, witty, intelligent, and good-looking. He was going to get sponsors like no one had ever gotten before. People were going to love him. He knew that he was going to win for sure.

Virgo had an approximately 8% chance of getting out of this alive. She had done the calculations. She knew that weapons weren't that important and that around half the tributes died with insufficient food, or water. If she nailed down her survival skills, she would be able to make it at least towards the end.

Libra grimly looked out the window. Coming from Textiles, he didn't know what advantages he had. He was strong, but he hadn't really done much at all to train. He knew that the zodiacs from Districts 1 to 4 had been trained for the games since they were small. He had no chance.

Scorpio smiled to herself sadistically. The girl knew what she was up against, and she was not afraid. Coming from District 2, she knew victory was hers. She had trained all of her life for this. She paced the car in anticipation.

Sagittarius had no idea how to react. He fiddled with his hands and stared into the distance. He would need an ally for sure. He was good with many forms of weaponry, but he wasn't very skilled when it came to survival.

Aquarius was crying softly. He hadn't bothered to say goodbye. He regretted his stupid decisions, but he knew it was too late to apologize. He wanted to give up.

Pisces was staring off into the distance. She already knew what she was going to do. Coming from the fishing district, she knew how to fish, to swim, and she was quite skilled with a trident. She was scared, because even after all this training she was incredibly clumsy and awkward, both physically and socially.