Chapter 8

When Capricorn and Pisces returned to Capricorn's and Taurus's camp, Taurus was nowhere to be seen. They simply saw the words "Gone to find food- be back later" written in the dirt.

"Wow that's not unusual for Taurus..." Pisces laughed. "I hope she'll be back soon."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ meanwhile...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6 zodiacs were dead. Scorpio smiled softly. It was time. Now who to tell...? Someone who was easy to kill of course... Definitely not Sagittarius. Pisces had proven herself to be more than a softhearted princess, what with killing Virgo, one of the most intelligent zodiacs. Scorpio found herself to be scared of Capricorn, and since Taurus was with Capricorn, that ruled both of them out. That left Cancer. They had talked once before the Games, and Scorpio knew that Cancer would be the easiest to tell, and then kill. She found the fellow water sign quickly.

"Cancer." She spoke softly, and the girl turned around in surprise and fear.

"Scorpio?" Cancer looked bewildered. "What is it?"

"Can I trust you with something?"

"Of course."
"I... I'm one of the creators of the Games. They told me to tell someone when the time was right... Half of the Zodiacs are dead, so this is the ripest time. And who better to tell than you?" Cancer simply stood there, speechless. "But sadly, Cancer, now when I think about it... I don't know if I made the right decision."

"With what? Helping create the Games?" Scorpio burst into laughter.

"Of course not- I have no regrets with that decision... I don't know what I was thinking... when I told you... Well, as everyone knows, two can keep a secret if one of them is dead." Scorpio laughed maniacally and looked down at her machete. "This won't do the job effectively enough."

She looked at Cancer, who was so stricken with fear that she hadn't done anything with her knife. It was easy. Too easy. She grabbed the knife quickly from Cancer's hand and stabbed her in the heart quickly, creating a painless and quick death for the zodiac. Scorpio rethought her decision. In her opinion, two could keep a secret if both of them were dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taurus heard two cannon shots and looked up. Scorpio had killed Cancer, and then had blown herself up in a land mine... She didn't know either of them very well, so she didn't really care... Taurus was starving. She hadn't eaten in what seemed like forever. Her quest to find food was unsuccessful. Judging by the deaths, Pisces hadn't gone and killed Capricorn. She wondered if both of them were back at the camp. Taurus looked around. She had no idea where she was. Stupid. She shouldn't have wandered off alone. Ahead, she saw a bush covered in berries. She ran to it. Berries... It was almost too good to be true. But she didn't have second thoughts as she bit into the fruit. Another cannon went off. 

~A/N: My badass Scorpio friend (according to her) just wanted me to tell you all that Scorpio is based off of her~