Chapter 4: I'm Staying!?

💔America's POV💔

The next day, I woke to the sight of Lucy crying and the feeling of a massive headache.

I sat up and asked, "Lucy, what's wrong?"

"We're all sad that you're leaving Miss, especially Lucy." Anne replied back.

"Here. Take this." Mary said quietly as she handed me two pills and a glass of water to help cure the headache.

I took it and asked, "Who told you to give this to me May?"

"Officer Leger, ma'am." she replied back.

"Oh. You guys don't have to call me 'Miss', 'Lady', or 'Ma'am', anymore. I'm leaving after breakfast anyway." I explained groggily.

"That reminds me. Breakfast starts in one hour M- I mean America." Anne said.

"Okay. Lucy, would you mind if you picked out a comfortable outfit for me today? Oh, Anne and Mary, could you carry my luggage to the car please? I'll meet you guys there when breakfast is over." I suggested.

My maids did what I asked as I got up and walked to the bathroom to take a shower. I finished with the shower soon and walked out of the bathroom with a silk robe on. 

"Would you like me to help you get dressed Miss?" Lucy asked. 

"You don't have to call me that anymore. And, you can help me with my makeup and hair, but that's it. Okay?" I explained while smiling. Lucy then handed me a pair of blue jeans that Maxon gave me, a light cream colored blouse, and a pair of silver flats with a bow on each of them.

I went back into the bathroom to get dressed. Before I went out to get my makeup and hair done, I looked at myself in the mirror. My dad would not be proud of his kitten like this right now. I got really tipsy and now my eyes are red with bags under them. I thought of what he would say to me right now. It's like I could hear him in my head.

Kitten, listen to me. Do not have any man make you do this. What happened to the strong brave girl that your mom and I raised? What happened to the America that would always stay strong?

I'm sorry dad.

It's okay. But feeling this way is a part of life. You have to stay strong no matter what. I love you kitten.

I miss you dad.

I wiped the tears that were already starting to flow down my face and walked out to get my hair and makeup done.     

"Are you ready?" Lucy asked. I nodded my head yes and sat down at my makeup dresser. I saw the letter Kriss gave me. I didn't even bother to touch it last night, and I didn't bother today either.

"What kind of look would you like to have Miss?" Lucy asked. I was about to tell her not to call me 'Miss', but I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.  

"Can you give me a natural look, please?" I requested. She nodded her head and went back to work. She gave me loose, bouncy curls, light pink makeup, light pink lipstick with a gloss coating, and sprayed some sweet perfume on me as the finishing touch.

"It's time to go now." Lucy said. I pulled her in for a hug, but it didn't seem she wanted to pull away just yet.

"Lucy, it's okay. I'll write you, Anne, and Mary letters as much as I can when I get back home. There's nothing to worry about, okay?" I assured her. Tears started to well up in the corner of my eyes. We broke apart and I left to go to the Dining Hall once more.

Breakfast just started and Queen Amberly announced, "Everyone, I have some good news to tell all! Maxon and Kriss are getting married in one month!"

So soon? What is with you Maxon? You would never get married that quick. Did your father force you to? I thought while feeling perplexed with many feelings. I was about to tug my ear, but I caught myself not to. This was becoming almost a habit and it needs to stop, for now and forever.

"My bride's maids will hopefully be all The Elite! I want America to be my Maid of Honor!" I almost choked on my food at that last statement because it was so sudden.

"Are you okay Lady America?" Queen Amberly asked worriedly.

I took a sip of water and replied, "Yes, your Majesty. I was just surprised at the statement. I never thought that I would be the Maid of Honor! Especially for one of my dearest and most closest friends."

That was almost all a lie. I've never been the maid of honor. I've been a maid at Kenna's wedding, but that's it. Plus, Kriss isn't one of my most closest and dearest friends at all, at least not anymore. A few days ago,I found out that she was a Southern Rebel and found out her real intentions. Okay, I guess what I just said was all a lie and only Kriss knew that.

I saw Kriss put her hands on her heart. Only I knew it was just for show.

"America, you'll be staying here until after the wedding! I want you and Queen Amberly to help plan as well. Hopefully, the rest of The Elite will be here tomorrow morning." Kriss explained while plastering a smile on her face. King Clarkson just had a blank expression while Queen Amberly was smiling and Maxon was smiling as well.

"Thank you." was all I could manage to say. Many emotions are flowing through me. Happiness, sorrow, anger, and confusion. 

Breakfast was over about 30 minutes later, and I walked to my room. When I arrived, all three of my maids were standing there. They were supposed to be at the entrance of the Palace, but I guess the wanted to say goodbye to me one more time. They don't need to do that until after a month. I told them all that I'll be staying in the palace for a month until after Maxon and Kriss' wedding. They all rejoiced in happiness at the news.