I tried to say I was fine, but I knew it would be a total lie, considering how painful it was and I could hardly focus on my work. So I just gave a little nod and he went to tell Mr. Rogers. Mr Rogers coolly sent us away with a flick of the wrist and Adam wrapped an arm around my shoulders and helped me to the nurse's office.

  I saw Jessica giving me a deathly glare. I didn't even do anything, let alone look at Adam. I was afraid that I'd lose myself in his green eyes. I just felt like relaxing my tense shoulders, but I couldn't. What if he thought that that was a hint? I definitely could not risk that. So he practically lifted me off the ground just by gripping my shoulders, and that walk to the nurse's office seemed like a million years. For every step I took I had to resist looking up and staring up at those green, green eyes...

  Cut it out, Sarah. Jeez, my brain chided me, though my other brain told me to just sneak a peek. I quickly turned my face up, immediately losing myself in Adam's eyes. Suddenly his own eyes snapped to mine, surprise in them. I hastily turned back, and walked a little faster. God, why couldn't they have made the nurse's office shorter? It was a heck of a long journey.

  Finally we reached the nurse's office and I quickly brushed Adam's arm off. I didn't want the nurse to see. Honestly my gastric was gone, I rarely had gastric, maybe due to the fact that I was always eating. But I never did liked breakfasts much.

  I explained to the nurse that I just didn't eat breakfast, and I was feeling a little of gastric. She just gave me a piece of sandwich (huh, nice of her) and told me to go in a corner and eat. Yeah it sounded really harsh and lonely, but Adam sat next to me while I stuffed the sandwich into my mouth. My stomach kept grumbling, making Adam laugh. I shot him a dark look and turned my back on him while I happily ate the ham and cheese sandwich.

  By now Maths period would've ended, English was next, and it was my favourite subject, also because I could sit with Tania. I should probably thank Adam for bringing me here, even though he made me a little awkward and shy.

  "Thanks for bringing me here," I muttered to Adam, staring at the ground to avoid his eyes.

  "Yeah sure, no probs, just make sure you eat breakfast next time." He smiled and stood up, walking to his class.

  I stared at his retreating form. What was going on? I quickly brushed the weird feeling away and dumped it in the "Useless Crap Bin" in my brain and quickly ran to English class. As I expected, Tania was leaning back on her chair coolly, glancing up at me only when I barged into the room. Yes, literally barged.

  "Sorry Ms Sherry, I... I was at the nurse's office," I huffed and quickly rushed to my seat next to Tania's. My bag was already there, pencil case out and books neatly stacked on my desk.

  "Thanks," I whispered to Tania.

  "I didn't bring the incredibly heavy bag for you, dummy, Scott did," Tania said casually, looking at the board.

  "Oh..." My mind quickly registered what she said. "Wait, what? Scott? He wasn't in my Math class!"

  "Exactly, that's why," here she turned to look at me with her piercing brown eyes, "Once he heard about you he wanted to go to the nurse's office even though all you had was just a little pain in the stomach, but decided just to bring your stuffed-with-rocks bag to English class, missing a little of his own class in the process."

  "That's so... Sweet. But he really shouldn't have done that." I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, with Tania suddenly grinning from ear to ear. "I mean, well, I appreciate it and all, but I... I can manage."

  Tania groaned and shook her head. "God, Sarah, you just don't get it at all! He cares for you! So stop whining and accept the fact that someone's pining for you!" Something slapped Tania's desk. Loudly. We glanced up. Uh oh.