17 - Mason Payne√

Tense and Claimed.

It's been a week and I hadn't spoken to him. I barely saw him and deep down, it was killing me. My wolf would howl with sorrow and longing. I knew he didn't have control over his urges, I knew I would possibly never understand the true depth of this curse but that didn't mean I couldn't try to help.

I've been sleeping in the guest bedroom and he in my room. The pack house was tense, on edge as though waiting for an explosion that had yet to come, for a boom to be dropped and set us all off.

I missed him. I never thought I'd ever actually ever miss someone. There was this feeling of emptiness within me, as though a hole had been dug into my chest and only he could fill it. His scent lingered which was the only indication that he left the room, but it was only at odd hours, when everyone was sleeping.

For the first time in my life, I was shocked. Shocked at the sight of blood and the gruesome way he'd killed. It honestly scared me, how much he seemed to enjoy it, the tearing of flesh and the pain in the victims eyes. As much as it scared me, it hurt because I knew he didn't want this, he didn't ask for it and I made it seem like he loved it.

The moon hung high and shone into my room through the window. I sighed and ran my hand over my face with a sigh. I hadn't had a wink of sleep and I was to blame.

I stood and froze at the sound of a door opening. His footsteps were light and graceful. I crept to my door and waited five minutes before exiting. I tiptoed down the stairs to hear the clatter of plates and glasses.

"I was wondering how long it would be before you tried to catch me. "He said, my body reacted to his voice. My heart thumped in my chest painfully." Mason? "He questioned moving to peak out from the kitchen. He tilted his head and I unfroze. I cleared my throat.

"I thought you wanted some space." He looked at me for a moment before moving back out of view and I heard him mumble lowly :"space." I entered the kitchen to see him fixing a sandwich.

"Hungry? "He asked and sheepishly I nodded and he smiled. There was still some tension in the air around us but it was slowly evaporating. He had bags under his eyes and his hair was all messed up but it suit him, minus the bags.

"Look, I'm sorry." He shook his head.

"You said that, remember? "I bit myself. This was so uncharacteristic of me.

"I know," I whispered and he looked up at me with a soft smile.

"It's okay, I should have tried harder. "I shook my head.

"That wouldn't be fair, it has been your entire life for forever and it isn't easy stopping something you have known your whole life." I walked over to him. "I'm not going to pretend that it was okay or that I fully understand, but... I guess what I am trying to say is, can we start over?" He looked up at me blankly.

"I want to, "he whispered turning his body to me." But it isn't easy."He tilted his head and closed his eyes tightly. "The voices drive a person insane. They break you and they stop only when you kill." He confesses to me with glassy eyes, "You have no idea how good and bad it feels to have complete silence." He looked so vulnerable and so broken. I couldn't stop myself and I didn't stop myself.

I pulled him flush against me and gently I touched my lips to his. His breath caught as we froze with our lips locked, his hands gently trailed from my chest to my neck, the sparks which exploded had me in a frenzy and I growled from deep in my chest. He moaned and whimpered as I bent my knees and hocked my hands onto his thighs and pulled him up, he wrapped his legs around my hips as I pressed him against the fridge.