Chapter 38

Mayoon

"Yaar where is that basket of glass bangles?"

"Did someone see the bowl of ubtan?"

"Yaar the dhol isn't here yet!"

"Where is the CD of songs I bought yesterday?"

"The decorator is asking for the basket of flowers!"

"Someone handle the kids! Please!"

"Has anyone seen Khadija if she's ready?"

The house was buzzing with energy, my every single cousin was busy one way or another, the house was being decorated with yellow and orange marigolds, from the walls to the stairs railing to the doors, there was faint smell of roses too. Many memories of my past were coming crashing back to me but I knew this was all different, this was better and I was happy about it.

I was currently sitting in khala and khalu's bedroom dressed in yellow color cotton anarkali dress with choridar, the shirt had silver pleats, the sleeves, borders and top had beautiful gota embroidery. The light pink color dupatta was covering my head with same gota embroidery on all its four borders. My hair were tied into side braid and decorated with flowers while I was wearing other flower jewelries too.

Getting up from the couch I went to sit on bed where Ahyan was peacefully sleeping while wearing a white color shalwar kameez, looking extremely adorable, his head was now covered with small hair after being bald for almost two months. Bending I kissed on his forehead when my cell phone buzzed, with a message from Abeer. Opening it I let out a light chuckle but quickly bit my tongue when Ahyan squirmed, patting his chest lightly I covered hi body with his light blue color blanket I got up to sit back on the couch, sitting back properly I opened the pictures again and found myself smiling, she had send me pictures of Wali, he was sitting in middle with phuppo, mama and every other aunts of the family surrounding him, dressed only in his old tank top and shalwar, his hands were covered with ubtan while all the boys were standing behind him laughing at something, Yahya was whispering something in his ear while he himself had a huge grin on his face. The next picture was him sitting in the same position but now all the men and boys were surrounding him. The next one was a group picture and the last one was a selfie or groupie as these people call it.

"What are you smiling at?" I looked up at Rafia who just entered the room with a plate of food. Dressed in the dress she wore at her mayoon she was looking beautiful, the surprise was she loose her weight to fit in it.

"Abeer send me some pictures." I grinned while she shook her head at me with an amused smile.

"Yahya had been updating me too!" She said placing the plate on the coffee table in front of me and my stomach growled at the sight of biryani and coke. "I'll send all the pictures to them too! I'll show them our side always has the best mayoon!" She grinned.