Chapter 9

With a messenger bag hanging from his shoulder, his tattoos uncovered by his short-sleeve, simple white tee, he strolled down the streets that he found from the letter she wrote to him; the addresses and directions to the places she went, alone, after he left Australia, heartbrokwn by her not-honest answer. It was a flee market, he realised. Booth set up on both sides of the buzzing street by friendly locals, selling various items - from second hand vintage, to local food. His eyes wandered from booth to booth, his body dodging the other passer-bys. His feet stopped in their tracks, as a polarid came into sight, from a booth.

 His feet stopped in their tracks, as a polarid came into sight, from a booth

She looked exactly the same, the same as the day he last saw her. How he missed her, her lips, her touch, her scent. He had been asking her brother for her contact, but he just refused to give in. He stood right in front of the booth, admiring the beautiful face he so missed. But only to get knocked by a passer-by from the back, urging him to move on.

******

He stopped by the ice-cream shop next. Taking in the various colours from the range of ice-cream, he remembered the day where she pestered him to stop by an ice-cream booth for one.

Flashback
It was right after the "date", where they continued their newly-wed act. The way back the hotel consisted different stores, including an ice-cream one. She stopped in her track when they passed that particular store, with her arms still wrapped around his. He felt the pull from her arm and looked over his shoulder, to see that her eyes were glittering wide like a child who saw cotton candy. "Come on let's go." He tried to pull her but she resisted the force.

"Can I get one?" She pointed to the store with her eyes on his. "But you just had desert." He reasoned. She had quite a huge amount of desert for one, for the fact that she finished his unwanted share. "Please, just one." She pouted, her lower lip was showing itself. And that was his new weakeness. He sighed and smiled lazily, before nodding his head gently. With that, her lips curled upwards and she tugged him towards the entrance.

"Hi welcome. What can I get for you?" The staff greeted warmly with a huge smile. Her wide eyes continued to take in the saliva-drooling sight, as she tried to make her choice of flavour. "Can I get a strawberry?" Her eyes lighted and landed on the staff, who then nodded once and procceeded with her order. "Don't you want one?" She turned to him, who was all the while staring at her, admiring her child-like side. He shook his head gently with a tight smile.
End of flashback

His sight blurred at that memory. It was supposed to be under the happy light, but when did it turned towards the sad light? "How can I help you Sir?" The staff's voice woke him up from his memory journey. He looked up from the ice-cream, as he made his choice. "Can I have the strawberry?"

******

The last location on his list was the Tahune Forest Airwalk. She instructed him to make a wish when he got there; simply by tossing a coin towards the ground and clasped his hands together.

"I want nothing else, but to see her again." He breathed silently, his eyes shut with his fingers intertwined among each other. Letting the feeling linger a little while, he released his grip and took a deep breath before he continued his journey down to Mother Nature. His eyes wandered from tree to tree, which were hovering over the bridges, blocking his sight from the gloomy sky.

"Kang Gary!" A voice rang from afar. His feet stomped their last step and rested on the spot. His head snapped up, looking around frantically for the source. And at his 11 o'clock direction, a pair of arms were waving excitedly at him, a huge grin adding on. At that sight, his legs sped off as fast as they could take him. Upon reaching, they slowed down. His eyes blinking a couple more times to confirm it wasn't a dream; that it was her standing right in front of his eyes.

The grin on her face didn't vanish, but grew wider as the distance between them narrowed. Before any of them could say anything, he pulled her into his embrace, squeezing the oxygen out of her. She snuggled comfortably against his chest, feeling homed.

"I missed you. So much." He whispered against her ear, then felt her nodded. Relunctantly, they pulled back. He studied her face, taking in every detail as if that would be the last time they meet.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't ready to spill the truth and that you hated lies but I -" Before she could finish, she was cut off by him landing on her lips for a quick peck. As he pulled back, she looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"I figured that was the only way to stop you from blabbering." She could feel her cheeks heating up at his explanation. His thumb caressed her cheek, wiping the tear stain as her eyes were fighting the other drops of tears.

"Thank you, for coming back." He whispered, his eyes gazing into hers.

"And I'm never leaving again." was what he got back in return.

The End

A/N
Yay another finished fanfic! Thank you to everyone who read and voted, can't stop loving all of you! <3
Anyway I'm sorry for the error last night. Stupid web version of Wattpad. I had to re-write the last part for almost 5 times!
And I won't be working on any MC fanfic in the near future, but that doesn't mean I'm not supporting this couple anymore. I'm just working on The Bad Boy sequel, which I have a draft already. And a non fanfic story which I really appreciate your support!
Conclusion, I love all of you from the Moon and back!