T H I R T E E N

Loraine's POV

It had been four hours since Keefe went to see my little brother. I was beyond worried, something could happen to them, especially Oliver.

"You're frowning." Vinna pressed her finger between my eyebrows. She is leaning her head on the table making her pout look more cuter.

I nodded with a smile. "Yeah, I'm just worried.. about my brorhers."

"Our 'supposed to be' Luna." she sighed loudly. "Why is life like this?" she complained to no one.

Stifling back my laugh, I watched her in happiness. She was the only good thing remained in my life. After that incident back in the hospital, Vinna decided to stay with me. Her reason was simple.

She didn't want us to be like Erick.

That man now.. how was I supposed to say it.. he was really fucked up. Not only he caused Oliver to disappear for almost five years but now he was engaged to a woman who was claiming herself as her mate.

Vuestozo and Caroline Cuatonov. Apparently they were really serious about getting him a new mate. I thought it was impossible to trick someone like Erick but well.. he was dumber than he looked.

"I don't understand why we have to keep quiet about this."

"V baby, if we spill this out Oliver will be mad-"

"And we let that Alpha marry some chick while he lives in misery?!"

Taking her trembling hands, I blew a soft kiss between her fingers. "Please understand this also breaks my heart, but this matter isn't that simple. Cuatonov have undeniably power and if we break their plan not only my family but yours will be exterminated."

Her face scrunched up in sadness. "B- but he is hurting right now! Can't we do something?" she sobbed making my heart break. "He helped us to prevent the rejection, Lo-Lo.. Because of him I'm not in doubt anymore-"

I wanted to settle down her heart. I wanted to take away the pain and tell her everything will be okay.

Yet no words were capable to leave me, because even I myself was in such turmoil.

***

Oliver's POV

"I already said no." taking a bite of the red apple I could only feel rotten taste in my mouth. So my buds finally died. Good thing, I could suck them off better and gain more money next time.

"Well I'm not going without you."

"You will bother my customer. Fuck off."

"And I will make sure no one ever touch you that way ever again!"

"Keefe.." I sighed exasperately. "Go home. There's people who are waiting you and need you there."

"Then you expect me to just leave and let you die as a whore-" he stopped himself looking at my eyes.

"I am already a whore. Gosh, don't treat me like some kind of virgin innocent princess." he wanted to argue but I repeated what I always said. "Let me make this straight. My name is Ash and I suck dick to buy drugs. I don't have family and am mateless."

He was stunned by my words, the look on his face almost made me look away but thanks to my broken self I managed to remain expressionless.

I couldn't make the same mistake again. They had enough of all this shitty guilt and remorse, I told them that I forgave everything yet I was forced to bring out the past again and again when someone from his pack tried to bring me back. Like my brother.