The Heartbroken Man and The Horrible Mother

Start from the beginning

"That's not your decision." Bianca snorts. "I'm the mother."

I place my hands on Scarlett's ears. "Well, you're a bitch."

"Is that any way to speak to the mother of your fiance's daughter?" Bianca tilts her head.

I'm not sure what to do in situations like this, she's right, I hold no power with Scarlett. I could go to jail for kidnapping if I take her away, but I'm willing to take the chance if it means one less day with a woman so venomous, so...

Poisonous

No...Bianca...she's the poisonous woman Grandfather spoke about. The one who broke Greyson, this was someone Greyson loved.

How could he have loved someone like her!?

"Hudson I'm going to see if I can find Greyson!" I shout, looking at him. "I'm taking Scarlett with me."

Hudson nods. "I'm fine, I've been meaning to give her a piece of my mind."

Then without hesitation, I grip tightly around Scarlett's hand and we make a run for it.

→←

Greyson was nowhere to be found and from what I could tell, he got driven somewhere. So I decided to go to the first place I could think of. When it comes to Greyson, if there's one thing he does when he's hot tempered or emotion-filled it's working. He worked when he got stabbed and when he got shot.

So Scarlett and I got inside a cab and went on our way. When we arrived, we walked inside the Blackstone Towers.

"Hey John, did Greyson come in?" I ask, still holding the brutally silent child's hand.

John shakes his head. "He just left to his loft."

Loft? I didn't know Greyson owned a loft.

Then again he's ridiculously rich, I'm pretty sure he owns a few places I have no knowledge of.

"Do you know where that is?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Sorry."

"I know the address." I hear a familiar voice say.

When I look to my side I see Lucas walking towards me. "Lucas? You're still here?"

"Yeah I was...doing stuff that distracted me, so I'm catching up." He chuckles awkwardly. "Anyways, if you're going to see him I'll give you some files he needs to sign. I was going to drop them off myself but since you're here and with...a child? I'm just going to kill two birds with one stone, it'll save me time."

I smile. "You're a life saver and don't ask."

→←

During the ride it was deadly silent, Scarlett hadn't muttered one word. And honestly, I don't know how to converse with a child with a mother like that.

"My mommy isn't a bad person." Finally, she breaks the silence.

My brows raise. "What?"

"You think she's mean...she's just honest. I'd rather her hate me openly than secretly." Scarlett stares at her lap, gripping onto her skirt tightly.

I push her hair behind her ear. "Honey, a mother's never supposed to hate their child. She's supposed to love you unconditionally."

"But she can't...she says she's incapable of love." Her eyes move to mine, sadness fogging them.

It pained me to see this, to see someone who doesn't understand how abnormal that is. "That doesn't mean she can't try."

"Daddy didn't try to love me." Then she averts her gaze elsewhere, towards the window. "He just left."