Chapter 14: Promise

Comenzar desde el principio

Shut up.... Brain.

I pulled myself from my mental battle and picked Lilith up. Now in clean clothes from when we got her. She had beautiful blonde hair and eyes the color of the ocean.

"Alright little princess , time for you to take a bath."

She tugged at my hair, ignoring  everything I just said.

I laid her in the bath, and Aph giggled.

What did I do wrong?

"What?" I asked, ruffling Lilith's now wet hair.

"Nothing." She replied, a kind smile etched on her face.

What are you talking about, there's always a smile there.

"Something, you don't giggle unless I've done something wrong."

That's not true, she giggles when you-

SHUT UP!

My work here is done.

"No, it's just, your a great father. You know." She finished, blushing a shade of pink.

Hurk!

Father?

"Father?"

"Yeah."

"I guess I am that kind of figure to her." I replied, wiping away some stubborn dirt off Lilith's nose

"Then that makes you her mother." I added.

I blushed at my own words, what was I thinking.

You never think.

Didn't I tell you to shut up.

"I G-guess, I-I'm gonna pack up the rest of the stuff okay. Do you got this?" She asked as I rubbed shampoo on Lilith's hair.

"'Corse, I've done this before remember.?"

"Yes Aaron, I remember."

Should I do it now?

"Hey. Can you wait before you leave? I wanna give you something." I asked nervously.

"Yeah sure." She walked out, leaving me to Lilith.

After cleaning the dirty little monkey and put her to bed. I met Aph in ou- my room.

"Follow me." I said, grabbing her hand and jumping out the window.

"Aaron!, where are we going?!"

"You'll see."

The sun was just starting to set. It was the perfect moment to give it to her.

We climbed our way to the roof, the sun was perfectly placed right over the hill.

"A-Aaron, this is beautiful!" She exclaimed, caramel and awestruck eyes staring at the orange sunset.

"Heh, not as beautiful as you."

I grabbed her hand and turned her to face me, I stuck my other hand in my pocket to take out a small black box.

"Aaron....?"

Still holding her hand I opened the box, revealing the shining diamond promise ring.

"Oh my Irene, Aaron!"

I slipped it on her finger, caressing it as I took both her hands in mine.

"Aphmau, you are the greatest thing that ever happened to me. And I don't know why Irene blessed me with you and Lilith.

"Aaron...."

"I love you, and I promise I will until I die. And after."

"Aaron. I.... I love you too.

"And I promise to never stop loving you."