Chapter 5

"Where's your prom date?"

While Tig was joking when Clay saw Happy he was less than amused. "What happened? Where is she?"

"She got away."

"Oh daaamn!" Ellie's eyes went wide as she started to laugh, hardly trying to stifle it, but Happy didn't appreciate her input.

"Shut. Up. El. Don't fucking start."

"What?" She raised her hand in surrender. "I'm just shocked, not like you brother. She got away? A chick slipped you? How?"

"How the fuck did that happen?" Clay bellowed. "Where did she go?"

Happy was furious and embarrassed as he relayed the story for the others. "I don't know how long they were waiting or where they went. They were professionals, had accents but I don't know what kind."

"Stop laughing." Tig scolded Ellie as they huddled in the corner even though he was still giggling himself. "He's gonna knock you out."

"He's not gonna touch me," she rolled her eyes.

"Aurora Harvelle," Jax said to the others. "Have Juice find her."

"I'm gonna head over there now." Happy grumbled.

"I'm with you brother," Tig tossed his pool stick on the table.

Ellie looked surprised to see her last remaining friend leaving so she grabbed her bag and followed them out.

"Where do you think you're going?" Happy said authoritatively. "This is business."

"Shut up," she whined. "Don't leave me in there with them. Let me hang. Maybe I can help."

"Just let her come," Tig wasn't in the mood for a sibling spat.

"Fine, go with Tig," Happy ordered.

Tig smacked the back of his bike and Ellie hopped on  behind him, holding tight while he sped off toward Juice's. They didn't call or text first, simply showed up and started banging on the door.

"Uhh guys, his bike isn't even here," Ellie said with a sigh.

"Where the fuck is the little Puerto Rican?" Happy grumbled as he pulled his phone out to call Juice. His phone rang a few times before before the voicemail picked up.

"He said he was going home," Ellie quietly said to Tig.

"Well he ain't here," Happy snapped as a bike roared up the block.

"I'm here," Juice shouted as he pulled into the drive. "What the hell did I do now?"

"Need you to dig up some shit on that bitch Jax and Kozik found."

Juice pulled a face as he opened the front door and led them inside. "You uhh, didn't kill her?"

"She got away," Ellie whispered.

"She what?" Juice looked at Happy with wide eyes. "How?"

"Long. Fucking. Story." Happy grumbled. "I'm gonna fix it, I just need some info on her."

"Sure." Juice hung his cut on the hook and grabbed his laptop. "Just a name?"

"Aurora Harvelle, that's all we know."

Juice nodded, taping away on the keys, while the others chatted and raided his fridge. He warned them it may take a while but it was just an excuse to hang around and get drunk.

"Where you staying?" Tig asked quietly, his hot breath tickling her neck as he moved in closer.

She raised her eyebrows and laughed. "I figured I'd crash with my brother, Alex."