Chapter 2: The New Girl

Comenzar desde el principio

I took a deep breath and stood up and faced to class, "Hey I'm Elena Castronova. I just moved from Manhattan to here. So that's pretty much it..." I rushed through all of that and sat back down. Mr. Krupa smiled again and said, "Well thank you for telling us a little about yourself. Ok turn to chapter 5 in your textbook"

He turned to the board and started to write notes about the French and Indian War, I was writing them down when I heard, "Elena...." I immediately looked up and scanned the room for who called my name, but to no avail I couldn't find anyone. They all had their head down writing what Mr. Krupa was putting on the board.

I returned to my notes and stayed that way for the entire period, History passed by quickly and soon it was time to leave for our next class. I glanced at my schedule and saw that I have double Biology next in room 456.

I exited the classroom and turned down the hallway to Biology. When I arrived at the door students came pouring out of the classroom, some of them gave me looks, other failed to notice I was standing there.

 One person I saw was a girl with brown hair like me. She walked by, though I didn't get to catch her face, but she looked oddly familiar. Once all of them were out, I entered. The moment I entered the smell instantly hit me like a brick wall, I scrunched my nose at it.

I searched the room for an empty seat and found one by a girl with blonde hair. When I got close enough she looked up at me with paralyzing blue eyes. She smiled and waved, then said, "Hey I'm Mia." I smiled back, at least someone was nice and not giving me weird looks.

 The teacher, Mr. Jonah looked at me and said, "Jocelyn, what are you doing here? Did you forget something?"

I looked at him questioningly before answering, "No sir, I'm Elena Castronova. The new student here." Okay this is getting weird, so far two people has mistaken me as this Jocelyn girl. Who is she and why are people mistaking me for her?

"Oh that's right, I'm sorry. Better get these glasses fixed." he smiled and continued, "Well I'm very glad to have you in my class Miss Castronova. Now let's learn about the biodiversity in our water, like lakes, ponds..."

He went on about the things in lakes and ponds, I was listening carefully when Mia bent over and whispered, "Sometimes I think he's never going to stop. If he had time to talk about these stuff, he would talk all day none stop."

I stiffled a laugh, and returned my eyes back on the teacher. Like History, Biology went by quick and it was time to move onto our next class. Mia stole my schedule and looked at what I have next, once she found out, she said, "Well it looks like you have Spainsh next with me." she smiled and gave me my schedule back.

..........................

While we walked down the hallway towards the Spanish room I was curious about why people were calling me Jocelyn, so I asked Mia, "Hey do you know who this Jocelyn girl is and why people are mistaking me for her?"

She shrugged and answered, "Well, she's really popular girl, but she's not like those kind of popular. She's nicer and she has good grades too. And come to think of it you do look like her."

I simply nodded and continued to the classroom. The teacher was waiting for us by the door, "You're late," she scolded.

I immediately replied, "Lo sentimos." She nodded and let us in.

Mia whispered, "What did you say?"

"I said, 'We're sorry." I responded.

"But how did you know...." Mia continued to question me.

The teacher interrupted, "Ok clase. Tiempo para aprender sobre la cultura espanola."

"My family is from Puerto Rico and they taught me." As I plopped down into my seat, I could feel that burning sensation again. I looked over to my right and found that the same boy with blonde sideswept hair was sitting a few seats next to me.

"Hey why is Aaron staring at you?" Mia whispered. I simply shrugged and started taking notes on the Spanish culture. Whole entire time we took notes from our book and the classroom remained silent.

Once class was done we headed to our lockers, as I was putting my books away Mia showed up at my locker.

"Why don't you sit with me and my friends at lunch today?" she asked.

"Ok I'll meet you in there, I just need to put my books away." I said while trying to stuff my gigantic Biology book into my locker. She nodded and skipped away.

"Need help with that?" said an unfamiliar voice. I spun around to find Aaron leaning against the locker across the hall.

"Nah. I'm good." I responded. I tried again, but the book won't go in. So I changed my mind and said, "Yea, I do."

He chuckled and sauntered over to help, and he took it turned it a certain way and it went in. My mouth opened slightly, but I quickly closed it and closed my locker.

"By the way I'm Aaron, Aaron Scarletta." he smiled again and I found myself staring into his stunning green eyes.

"So I've heard. I'm Elena." I nodded, he smiled again and asked, "So do you wanna sit with me, my brother, and our friends at lunch?"

I shook my head and replied, "Sorry I'm sitting with my friend, maybe next time." And at that I turned and headed towards the cafeteria, leaving him standing in the middle of the hallway dazed.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

Was it good, was it bad? Plz comment below on wat u thought bout the chp. And dont forget to vote and/ or fan. Srry if it was a little rushed, i wanted to upload it soon cuz it got deleted the first time.

Peace :)