Night-Night, Little Irrilia

It was late at the turtles' lair. Everyone decided to call it a night and head off to bed. Raphael was about to go to bed after tucking in Irrilia. "Story, Daddy?" she said. "You want a bedtime story?" Raphael asked. Irrilia nodded. "All right." he said. Unfortunately, Raph wasn't the type to remember bedtime stories so well. What was he going to do?
But then, he remembered something. When he and his brothers were little, Splinter kept books filled with stories that the four brothers would love to listen to, mostly at bedtime. "I'll be right back, sweetie." Raph told Irrilia. He went to Splinter's room where Splinter was still awake. "Master Splinter?" Raph greeted. "Yes, my son?" Splinter said.
"I need to borrow a book. You know, one of those books you used to read to me and the guys when we were kids?"
"Ah. Of course, Raphael."
Splinter reached to his bookshelf and pulled out a thick, red book with golden designs on it. He handed the book over to his second eldest son. "Thank you, Sensei." Raphael said. A smile formed on Splinter's face. "You know, I had doubts that I would be blessed with children to hand down these stories to. And then I found you and your brothers. It was a miracle to me. But I thought I would never have any grandchildren, or at least live to see them, to see my own children pass the stories to them. It truly is a special feeling." he said.
Raphael smiled at his father.
He returned to his room where Irrilia was sitting in her crib. He picked her up and he slid into his bed with her. Irrilia cuddled up to him when he opened to the book to begin reading to her: "Many, many years ago, there lived a young man...."

*******

Raphael's eyes fluttered open. He grumbled to himself. His alarm clock said that it was 11:04 at night. Raphael felt something against his plastron. He looked down to see Irrilia curled up on his plastron. Her chest rose and ascended smoothly as she breathed softly in her sleep. Raphael sat up carefully in order to not wake her up. He cradled her in his strong arms, then. The young father carried his little daughter to her crib, where he tucked her in and gave her one last kiss on her forehead before he himself went to sleep.