Chapter 24

"I think it's time that you tell me the reason," I said in finality.
He breathed out, "Then I will," he said in the same tone as me.

Oh.

I thought he was going to walk away like every time. Him agreeing..I did not expect that.

He chuckled after seeing my expression, "What? You were expecting me to leave again?"
Embarrassed, I look down. "So are you gonna tell me?"

"Yeah," he said breathily.

"So," he started, "I liked you."

Only at that, my heart stopped beating for a second. I was hearing that Isaac Grey tell me that he liked me for the second time. First was in the library, where all this mess started, and second was right now.

"I liked you because you were just so different from everyone. I mean, cmon, you didn't know who I was. I may sound self centered, but if that doesn't prove how different you are than other girls, I don't know what can. We started being around each other more and I thought you liked me, too. But then.."

His voice slowly descended, I put my hand on his for reassurance.

"Then when I found out you had a boyfriend, and right after that you said you and I aren't friends, it made me feel stupid. I got mad that a girl, specially who didn't know me in the first place, would make me feel all sorts of things. You were the first girl I liked, and not only felt physically attracted to, so it stung. I started hating you for being the first girl to ever affect me like that. But yesterday, when I left you like that, I realized I shouldn't have. And I guess that lead me to all this realization."

His eyes met mine at the end, and giving him a small smile, I turned my head towards the horizon and saw that the sun was setting. My hands clasped Isaac's automatically in excitement. "Look! The sun is setting," I said excitedly.

The sky turned into a beautiful mixture of shades of yellow and pink. While I was staring in awe at the beauty, I could feel Isaac's eyes on my side profile. But I couldn't take my eyes off of the sun that was now going down slowly.

I was taking in the view, but as soon as the sun was about to disappear, Isaac's hand cupped my face and turned my head towards him, and his lips met mine.