Chapter 16

I gawked at the house in front of us. Wait, no, mansion. I've never been to a mansion before. Now, I want to live in it.

"Dad?" I called out.
"Yeah?"
"Is there any chance your boss could adopt me?"
"No," he bluntly replied.
I slumped back in my seat, pouting.

We entered through the massive gates, which were automatic, but two guards were also standing there. Dad parked the car and we got off near the main entrance of the mansion.

Straightening out my dress, I checked my makeup once in my iPhone camera, and walked inside with my parents. I was wildly amused by the inside of the mansion. I wouldn't mind living here at all. At all. Heck, I would kill to live here. Okay, maybe I wouldn't necessarily kill, but you get the point.

An elderly couple walked towards us. That must be dad's boss and his wife. Now that I thought about it, I didn't know their names. As in, last name, of course. Seeing that they were already here, I smiled at them. "Hello, Mr Grey, Mrs Grey," dad greeted. My smile dropped hearing the name 'Grey'. But then again, there's plenty of Greys' in the world. "It's a pleasure you could come," Mr Grey said. "This is my wife, Kelly, and my daughter, Olivia," dad introduced. I brought back my smile as they smiled back at me. "You're a beautiful girl," Mrs Grey said. "Thank you," I said with a smile. "You're beautiful yourself, Mrs Grey," I said. "Oh stop," she chuckled, "Thank you, dear. Call me Charlotte, if you please," she said. I nodded. Mr Grey looked really familiar. Really really familiar. I've seen his face somewhere.

"Our son will be down soon," Mr Grey told us and lead the way to the dining area. We sat around the dining table, which was pretty big.

I took a seat, next to my mom, leaving an empty seat to my right. "Where's your son?" Mom asked. "Oh, right. Susane, go call him," Charlotte said to a lady who standing beside the table. She nodded and left upstairs.

"So, Olivia, what school are you attending?" Charlotte asked me. "Francis High," I replied. "My son goes there, too," she said. "Oh. What's his name? Maybe I know him." She opened her mouth to say his name, but was interrupted by a new voice that said, "I'm here." Hearing that voice, my eyes snapped up to the person.

Isaac.