Chapter 18

First thing first, we opened up the packets. There were red, blue, green, yellow, and pink colors. We poured them onto a big platter and started our design.

We were halfway through the design when Charlotte had another idea. "Isaac," she called out to him while he was passing by to the kitchen. He stopped and turned towards us, "Yes?"
"Will you please wrap the fairy lights around the pillars?" He made a face, but agreed, however. "They're in the box over there," she said, motioning to a box standing near the pillar to our right. He nodded and went to get a stool to stand on.

He stood up on the stool, but forgot to grab the lights before getting up. "Mom, can you hand me the lights," he said. "Olivia," my eyes snapped to her, "Please hand him the lights, my hands are completely covered in powder." I wanted to protest after seeing the look on Isaac's face, but got up anyways. I went over to where Isaac was, which was like 2 feet away and took the lights in my hand. I held it up for him to take, and after shooting me a glare, he did.

Going back to my place, I saw that Isaac had started wrapping the lights around already. I continued working on the rangoli along with Charlotte.

After a while, she suddenly realized something. "I forgot there was milk on the stove!" She exclaimed and hurried over to the kitchen.

I was almost done with the rangoli when I noticed that Isaac's stool was stumbling. He was going to fall. I got to my feet, "Isaac!" I called out. Startled, he lost his balance and fell on me, causing both of us to fall on the ground. Seeing that his weight was going to be on me, he spun us around before hitting the ground, causing my weight to be on him. As soon as we hit the floor, he grunted. My entire body was on top of his, as he was holding me tightly. Colored powder flew all around us.

After realizing what position we were in, I tried to get up, but my dangly earring was stuck to his dress shirt button. I tried to untangle it, but because I was hustling, I was unable to. "Wait," Isaac's deep voice mumbled. My eyes snapped up to his and our eyes locked. His gaze at me softened, as we both looked into each other's eyes. I don't know for how long we were staring, but it was interrupted by someone saying our name. "Isaac, Olivia, what happened?!" Charlotte exclaimed as she came towards us. I don't know when, but Isaac had untangled my earring from his shirt, and we got up. What I hadn't realized was that we fell on top of the rangoli, and we were now covered in colored powder. Looking at Isaac's face, I couldn't hold back my chuckle. All he did was glare at me and then left.

Shutting up, I looked down at my dress, which was colorful now. "Are you okay, dear?" Charlotte asked. I nodded, "Isaac's stool was stumbling and I called out to him but I startled him and he fell on me. Sorry about the rangoli," I said, looking at the rangoli design that was destroyed now. She chuckled, "We can remake that, don't worry about it. Come, I'll get you some of Isaac's clothes since mine are all dresses." Now I had to wear Isaac's clothes?!

"Come," she said. I realized she was already half way up the stairs and I was still down here, being nervous. I nodded to her and followed her to Isaac's room. He was already changed into new clothes, and more casual ones. He was wearing a grey t-shirt that fit his body perfectly and black pants. As soon as we entered, our eyes met but I looked away quickly. "Isaac, please give her some clothes to change into, I'm going to go check up on your dad." Charlotte said and exited the room. Why did she have to leave me alone with him?!

"Why'd you come when I told you not to show me your face," he said. No, he was not asking me. "I didn't know you were their son," I muttered, even though he didn't want an answer.
He opened his closet and threw a plain black t-shirt and grey sweatpants at me. It slammed me in the face, however, I caught it. "The bathroom is over there," he said, pointing to a door on the side. Looking down, I nodded, and went into the bathroom to change.

His clothes were big on me, obviously, but it was the most comfortable clothes I'd worn.

Washing the colors off my face and arms, I wiped off the water with tissues and headed downstairs with my dress. "Let's start on the rangoli, then?" I asked when I saw Charlotte downstairs. She smiled and nodded her head.

Getting new packs of colors, we started and proceeded with the same design. Within an hour, we were done, and it looked beautiful. "It looks amazing!" I exclaimed once we got up to get a good view of it. "It does!" Charlotte said with the same amount of enthusiasm.

Glancing at the clock, I saw the time was 12:40 am. "Charlotte, I think I should go now. It's pretty late." She looked at the clock and nodded. "You're right," she said to me. "Isaac," she called out. Hearing his name, he came downstairs. "Yeah?"
"Take Olivia home, it's really late, she shouldn't be going home alone at this time."
My eyes widened, "No, it's-"
Charlotte stopped me, "No, Olivia, let him take you home. I promised your parents you'd be home safely." Seeing that I had no choice, I nodded, giving her a weak smile. "Thank you for letting me help, I had a great time," I said, widening my smile. "Please come here more often. Spending time with you made it feel like I have a daughter." Hugging her, I said goodbye and headed for the door, were Isaac was already waiting for me. He was wearing a black leather jacket over his t-shirt now, making him look 10x more attractive.

Stop it, Olivia. He hates you, and you don't like him.

"Are you gonna stay there all night?" His voice interjected my thoughts, and I realized he was already in the car. "Sorry," I muttered and took a seat in the shotgun.

After about 15 minutes, I decided to ask him the question that has been haunting my mind thoroughly.

"Why do you hate me?"
He said nothing, but I noticed his jaw clench. "Isaac, please. Just tell me why you hate me so much," I urged. He looked straight ahead and said nothing. He didn't even spare me a glance.

"You act so cold towards me and it kills me, because I don't know what I did, yet you hate me so much."

Still nothing.

"Isaac I deserve to know what I did. You can't act like a jerk to me and not tell me why."

I noticed the speed of the car rising, but said nothing about it.

"If I made a mistake, then tell me what it is so I can fix it. But please don't act like this," I begged. "Isaac I just wanna know what I did!"
"If it has something to do with Joseph-"

He stepped on the brake and the car abruptly stopped. "Get out," he said in a low voice. I looked around, it was nearing 1 am now and I was scared of being out at this time by myself. "But.."
"I said GET OUT!"
I flinched at his volume, suddenly scared of him. I couldn't move, and that's when he did. In one quick motion he got out of the car and walked over to my side. Opening my door, he got a hold of my arm and yanked me out of the car. He slammed the door shut and took his seat back in the driver seat. Pulling the car of reverse, he drove back, splashing mud on me with the wheels of his car in the process. I know he didn't plan to splash mud on me, but still, tears formed in my eyes. Not only was I alone out here at this time, but I also had to walk home like this. Telling myself that there was no point in just standing here, I started walking, but was barely able to take a step as I heard a car coming this way. To be more precise, Isaac's car.