Chapter 1: What's That Sound?

(Art by: VampShinobi on DeviantArt)

You sat in your room, laying back on your bed. Deep in thought. Your phone gone, no connection to the outside world, well text and calling wise. Your (caregiver) didn't look under your bed to see that you had duck taped a extra laptop to your mattress. So that left you alone with just your mind, you, your (fav. Anime) mangas , and ... Pop goes the weasel tune?

'That's odd, no one in my house likes that song, but me...Why would it be playing?' You thought as you sat up and looked at your (video game or anime) clock.

10:30 PM.

You shrugged, laying back down and pulling the (color) blanket back over you. 'If it continues when (caregiver) goes to bed, I'll check it out.'

11:51 PM.

'OH MY FUCKING GOD!! THAT DAMN TUNE! ITS STILL PLAYING?!'
You are now laying in your bed, unable to sleep completely pissed the hell off. You sit up and make your way to the bed room window. "What in the world?" You said as you opened the window to reveal an old looking Jack-in-the-box just sitting on the roof. "Who put that up here?..when was it put up here?" You questioned trying your hardest to grab the old toy.

Once you grabbed the wooden toy,  you started walking back to your (color) bed, but then a thought came to your mind. 'I should probably see if (caregiver) is awake' so with that you walked to the balcony of the stairs, that was opened to the whole house.

You cleared your throat before yelling, "OH MY GOD (caregiver) THERES A (color) (Animal) RIDING A (hated food)!!.... YOUR (caregiver's worst food) ARE ON BLOODILY FIRE!!"

Nothing.

(caregiver) must of been in a really deep sleep if even yelling about their food that you would say is a poison to man-kind, but they like, is on fire didn't wake them up. "Must be having a (weird thing) dream again ugh" you said as you felt a chill run down your spine.

You started walking back to your room and sat on your bed. You began to slowly turn the handle of the Jack-in-the-box, humming the tune as it played. It seeming less annoying by now. Then suddenly when the box lid popes open...

"what the-... Where's the Jack?"

You tapped the side of the box, as nothing happened. You turned the box on its side and hit it, but nothing happened. No small jump scared from a colorful clown.

"Maybe the Jack is stuck.." You then turned it up side down and shook the box.

NOTHING.

You shrugged, "must be a broken old toy.." You where about to throw the box off your bed and into the pile of broken toys that your younger sister (sis name)  and baby brother (bro name) had broken over the years.

That after about 6 months of (sis name) constantly breaking toys when she was little and (bro name) breaking them when he turned 3, you kinda just gave up on throwing those toys out.

That was until you heard a chuckle of a man followed by,

"why hello there, haha! Aren't you uh a bit haha! Old for playing with toys? Haha.."

It was coming from behind you...