twenty one

[ double update ; slight angst ?? ]

,,,

soonyoung made his way to the pledis hq after getting the address from jihoon and walked up to the front desk.

"hi, um, i'm kwon soonyoung, and i was given permission to use your dance studio?" the boy said to the receptionist sitting at the desk.

she chuckled at him as if he was a young child, making him frown. "and who might've given you this permission?"

"l-lee jihoon."

"well, we don't have any notes or messages from mister lee, so i guess you'll just have to lea-"

"soonyoung!" a voice down the left hallway called out, interrupting the woman. minghao came into view, running down the hall and to the front desk. "what's taking you so long?"

"she wouldn't let me go," soonyoung mumbled, glaring at the receptionist.

"you know him, mister xu?" the woman said, losing the voice she had when talking to soonyoung.

"yes, i do, and he'll be coming to the studio with me if you don't mind," minghao said, grabbing soonyoung by the wrist and tugging him away down the hall. he looked back at the lady and stuck his tongue out at her before continuing the walk with minghao, who was not letting go of his wrist.

soon, they made it to the room, mirrors lining three of the walls and windows making up the fourth. chan jumped at the sound of the door opening, picking his head up before getting up and running over to soonyoung.

"soonyoungie!" he yelled, hugging the older boy and jumping slightly. he pulled back, smiling, and looked up at him. "why haven't you been coming by the dorms? jihoon-hyung always talks about you."

soonyoung almost cooed at the boy using 'hyung', but he stopped himself. "work's been more constant and nobody's been inviting me. it's not really my fault." he looked over at minghao, who was sitting in the spinning chair by the computer and smiling at the two boys.

"what song are you working with?" minghao asked, hand already on the mouse.

,,,

after four hours on working on his original choreography, and three doing the choreography from the boys' new song with chan and minghao, soonyoung was lying on the stack of mats used for stretches. he laughed along to a joke chan said while minghao was in the locker room, trying to cool off in the mostly metal room.

minghao came into the studio, sweatband still resting on his hairline and part of his forehead. "me and chan have to go fix some stuff at the dorms. they let jun and joshua cook again." he rolled his eyes. "are you gonna be okay here by yourself?"

"yeah, jihoon's supposed to be coming over anyways," soonyoung said, sitting up before giving a shrug.

"we'll be back in an hour or two. come on, chan."

as the two boys left out the room, soonyoung picked up his phone and opened up his messages.

messages with baby

prince
hey jihoon
are you almost here
well if you are you shouldnt be on your phone
so theres no point in me texting
unless youre not the one driving
just text me once you get here
see you soon i guess

two hours later, minghao walked into the studio alone. "hey, soonyoung, chan stayed back, but thanks for sta-" he stopped to see soonyoung laying half on the mats and half on the smooth floor. "shit."

he walked over to wake the boy up when he saw his phone still unlocked. he picked it up and looked at the open screen and saw the messages between him and jihoon. he smiled at the name soonyoung had for jihoon before he read the messages.

jihoon?
are you even going to show up?
you know if you didnt have time you couldve told me or something
where the fuck are you
its almost midnight and you still havent showed up and youre not replying
wow. great
bye.

minghao's jaw clenched before he locked the phone and slid it into his pocket. he picked up the sleeping boy and walked out of the room, smiling and nodding at people who worked for the pledis company. he walked out of the building and set the boy in the backseat of his car before getting in and driving off.

about twenty minutes later, he arrived at the dorms, carrying soonyoung down the halls until he reached his room, laying the boy down in it. he found a spare cord and plugged soonyoung's phone into it before walking out and looking for jihoon.

he had a few choice words to say to his friend that night.