chapter 21

"Helms Deep! They run into hiding when they should stand up and fight!" Gandalf stormed out of the hall with us following close behind as he made his way towards the stables.

"It has saved them in the past," Aragorn reasoned.

Gandalf opened Shadowfax's stall and entered. A look of nostalgia settled over him as he lovingly rubbed his hand over the steeds neck.

"Three hundred lives of Men I have walked this world, and yet I find myself running out of time."

"Do not worry, Gandalf. You will find them in time."

He turned and smiled at me. He stepped forward and ran his hand down the side of my head.

"I don't tell you enough how proud I am of you. Stay with him. He will protect you." He let go and stepped back. Mounting Shadowfax, he looked back down at Aragorn.

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, look to the east."

Aragorn nodded once and stepped back. "Go."

With a burst of speed, Gandalf flew out of the stable and out of Meduseld;leaving us standing in a cloud of dust. I stood closer to Legolas and brushed my shoulder against his. I needed comfort at this time. I knew that Gandalf would be alright, but the nagging feeling in my mind kept worrying me. Without saying a word, he took my arm in his and walked us out of the stable and towards the hall.

"You changed out of the dress?" Even though it was a question, it sounded more like a statement to me.

A small grin spread across my face at his question.

"Yes, they are beautiful but very uncomfortable," I said as I looked at him.

His lips tipped up at the edges in amusement.

"What? You try wearing one and you see how it feels."

A chuckle shook his body as we turned a corner. He suddenly stopped and glanced around himself before pulling me into an empty closet. There was no light in there, but with our superior vision I was able to make out his face. The room was small, causing us to stand extremely close together. His hand came up and traced my bottom lip.

"No need to pout, lotho. You are beautiful in anything you wear."

My heart fluttered in my chest as I fought the growing blush creeping up my neck. I quickly grabbed his finger and turned it away from my face.

"Thank you for the complement, but I was not looking for one."

Another chuckle slipped past his lips as he leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead. Then he continued as he placed kisses on both of my cheeks, my chin and then finally softly onto my lips. My grip on his finger loosened as they slid up around his shoulders. His other hand buried itself into my hair as he tenderly kissed my lips. I deepened the kiss by pulling his head harder against mine and ran my hand over his chiseled cheek.

His lips were soft and warm under my own, eliciting tingles throughout my body. I pulled away, gasping for breath. My eyes fluttered open to gaze into his deep pools of blue.

The look in his eyes took my breath away. They held wonder, amazement, adoration, but most importantly they held love.

"You make me feel things I didn't think I would feel again," he said quietly. His fingers caressed my face as a small smile played across his lips.

"What do I make you feel?" I whispered.

"Love."

----------------------------------------------------

Here's an extra shorter chapter for y'all :)