2: His & Hers

II: His & Hers

Setting Down Rules

Song of the chapter: Night Sky by CHVRCHES

[ maura adelaide pagan ]

"Where am I sleeping?" I questioned as Blake finished the tour of his large house. He had shown me everything except my room.

Blake seemed taken aback by my question before he gave me a sly chuckle. "I almost forgot about your inexperience outside of your old home. You'll be sharing a room with me, of course. It's necessary."

Share the same room as a male werewolf was crazy, let alone with an Alpha. I should have expected it though. Blake was an Alpha, and I was just a she-wolf.

"No." I found my voice. I wasn't ready to move onto such a step as to sleeping with a male.

"What did you say?" Blake's smile faded and it was replaced with a look of confusion.

I swallowed back my fear and stood straight. "I said no. I will not share a room with you, not yet at least."

I was finally standing up for myself.

But as soon as the new found confidence came, it disappeared. Blake had me against the wall with his masculine hands holding onto my hips tightly. It was a new sense of pleasure.

Blake snuck his head into the the crook of my neck, and I could feel his breath empowering over my skin. "You don't get a say in the matter, my sweet Maura. I am your mate and more importantly, your alpha. You will obey to my orders and follow the rules. Do I make myself clear, sweetheart?" He reprimanded, and I cowered before him. I gave him a weak nod.

In this world, weakness was proper for a woman. Why be any different than the way you were raised?

"Alpha, the Elders are waiting for your presence at the monthly assessment." A voice called from behind Blake. Blake lingered for a second before pulling away and standing in front of me as to limit my view.

I recognized the voice however. It belonged Beta Charlie. Beta Charlie had been over at the house many times, and he was always a good sight to see. He was nice and didn't treat me like the rest of the pack. To him, I was just as strong as anyone else.

Charlie looked over Blake's shoulder, his blond hair falling in his eyes as he smiled at me.

"Maura, lovely to see you again. I see you come with a mate." He said warmly, and if he hadn't been Blake's best friend, I wouldn't have doubted a showdown between them.

"Same to you, Beta." I replied quietly, but I didn't succeed in hiding my smile.

Charlie rolled his eyes playfully, "How many times must I remind you that you can call me Charlie. We're the same age, and I don't want to be your superior when I don't have to be."

Maybe Blake gave him a warning look or something, but I'll never truly know the reason why Charlie suddenly ran off so fast after his last sentence. He nodded at me, before making his way down the hallway at impeccable speed.

"I have to go, duties call." Blake acknowledged, his hands resting on waist. "Meredith will help you unpack. Stay in the room until I get back."

I sighed. "Can't I look around?"

"I will not have my mate on display for other werewolves to see."

"But-"

Blake's grip tightened on my waist and his eyes seemed hold such a fierce gaze. It was in the Alpha's blood to reveal quick anger.

"Do not test me, Maura. Forgiveness is not given so easily." He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply in my neck. "Stay in room and I'll see you as soon as I can."

And with one last breath, Blake had dispersed.

•••

Meredith was Blake's sister. She was a year older than me at 18. She was calm and collected which reflected in her style.

Meredith had a blond bob and brown eyes that were soft and caramel colored. Her dimples matched Blake's but she used hers a lot more.

"My brother must love you. You took up his entire closet." Meredith commented as we finished putting away clothes.

It was true. My clothing took up more than three/fourths of Blake's large closet. All he had was a few nice suits, basketball shorts, and college t-shirts.

"I'm glad you're his mate. You might be able to extinguish some of his fire."

I shrugged, thinking about earlier. "I doubt that. He won't even let me out of this room."

Meredith looked at the window before looking back at me. "He's protective. Has been ever since our parents died. You have to understand that deep down inside that cold figure you think you know, he actually cares."

The former Alpha and Luna died in an attack one year ago.

"All I wanted to do was get to know my new home."

Meredith turned to me once more with a guilty smile.

"You must really want to, huh?"

I nodded.

"Let's explore then."

••••
long awaited chapter. not impressed but had to get the story going somehow.

thanks to all those who waited ever so patiently. i'm a mess when it comes to writing and updating on time.

comment, vote, share!

idkoceans