1: His & Hers

I: His & Hers

    Goodbyes

Song of the chapter: Now Is The Start by Fine Frenzy

[ maura adelaide pagan ]

"Mine." Blake whispered before pulling me into his chest tighter than I'd ever been held. He smelled like a forest and cologne, the scent intoxicating as a cigarette.

My entire body seemed to fill with such a warmness, and I never wanted him to let go. 

"Maura Adelaide Pagan, what are you doing!" My mother scolded, her heels clicking against the wood floor of our ranch house. You could hear the distaste in her voice until she turned to Blake, "I'm so sorry, Alpha. I have no idea what got into her."

I heard the soften voice of my father come into the room, "Jane...".

"Sir Pagan and Madam Pagan, your daughter is my mate and I'd like nothing more than your permission to take her off your hands." Blake said in a serious tone, letting me go and standing before my parents.

I didn't think I'd ever live to see the day my mother looking so excited and proud. 

Next thing I knew, my mother had gathered me into her arms, squeezing me tightly. "Oh, Maura, I'd knew you'd do well."

My father smiled at me, "Maura, it seems the moon goddess has blest you with position as Alpha Blake's mate."

"I, James Pagan, give Alpha Blake Reckon my permission to have and love my daughter as her mate forever." My father said, bowing before Blake with a few tears in his eyes.

I was too shocked to realize that my father had officially handed me over to Alpha Blake permanently. It was always a great blessing when werewolf was chosen to be an Alpha's mate. It was like a sign of strength and power, it brought social status to families and knowing my mother, she was all about being high in society.

"Although I found my mate at your house, I must attend to real reason I've come here today." Blake announced, looking sternly at my father. 

I took a good-look at my mate, and realized what a gift was given to me. Blake had dark hair that occasionally fell onto his forehead, and he had forest green eyes that seemed to pierce into you. He had dimples on his cheeks, which hinted up when my father gave him permission. He was tall and muscular but not huge. He had a serious personality about him, that gave off a intimidating vibe. I'd be lying if I said he didn't frighten me. Females held little power under males, and especially an Alpha.

My father's hands clasped together, nodding, "Indeed, if you would follow me, Alpha. We must tend to business."

*          *          *          * 

"I must inform you that I expect you to live in the pack house with me from now on. It is your duty as Luna to become a full part of the pack, and that calls for living with the pack." Blake told me as we sat in my bedroom, as requested by him.

Since my father was now an elder of the pack, he had no cause to live in the pack house. However, younger families and unmated wolves lived in the house.  

"In your room, Alpha?" I questioned, gathering the clothes from my closet and placing them neatly into my suitcase. 

He nodded, a slight smile rising on his cheeks as he watched me place my pile of bras and underwear into the suitcase. A heated blush rose on my cheeks while I immediately shut the suitcase. 

"I expect you to stick to the rules of female werewolves," Blake said, his eyes trailing across my legs. The skirt I was wearing nearly passed my mother's eyes. It was a coral color, shorter and in the front and longer in the back, showing everything from knees down. "Although your legs make me want to rip everything off and see what you're hiding."

My cheeks were ablaze at his forthright, shameless words. He had no guilt or hesitating in his sentence, like he was simply telling me what was for dinner. 

Don't get me wrong, Blake was a hot person but I'd never been anywhere close to kiss, let alone mating. 

"Are you ready to go?"

I nodded and watched him pick up my suitcase before I could move. I met my parents at the door, and the look of sadness and love filled their expressions.

My mother took me into her arms once more, and held me tight. "I love you, Maura."

"I love you, Mom." I whispered before turning to my dad who left a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you, baby girl."

The door shut behind me and I was left with my mate.

"Off to your home, my little mate.

Not as long as I'd like it to be but it's a start, eh? 

- idkoceans