|| Chapter 5 ||

Everything freezes. Elizabeth's mind fills with rage as she clutches her throbbing cheek.

"You thought that kissing me would get you hanged," she gritted her teeth, "Watch what I'll do to you for striking me."

"Elizabeth—," he starts but she doesn't let him finish when she draws her father's sword out. She pushes him down to the floor with a stern kick, placing her steel on his chest. He whimpers under her, cowering down.

"You're a dead-set cunt, Mike," she mutters in disgust, "You better run so far away from this town, or so help me God, I will slice your neck open and watch you bleed out. You'll experience such harsh sensations of pain that you've never heard of."

"I-I-I'm sorry," he whines.

She strikes his cheek, cutting across slowly, making him yelp.

"Touch me or another woman again, I will come to your chambers at night and gauge your eyes out," she stopped cutting, placing her blade back in the holster, "That wound will heal, but the scar left behind will stay there forever. You better remember this day, Michael."

She walks back into the main town

She walks back into the main town. Robb wasn't so slow either, quickly catching up with her.

"How did that feel?," he smiled at her.

"You were watching?," she mumbled, looking down.

"I was, indeed," he nods, "How'd a highborn lady like yourself want to willingly fight?"

She sat down near the woods on a log with him, a glass of wine in her hand that Robb had brought her when they went across the town to the area they were sitting in, "When I was a little girl, Jaime would take me trekking with the horses. We'd always come across some sort of trouble on our way there, always some sort of criminals running about, trying to get out of Lannisport."

Robb listened to every word she said, understanding along the way.

She continued, "Once, this man had tripped Jaime's horse, causing both of them to fall down, and knocking Jaime out cold. It was the scariest moment of my life, I remember. He struck me, causing me to fall down beside my brother. He was going to rape me, when I took Jaime's sword. And as he was about to place his hands on my shoulder, I thrusted his blade so far into his chest that blood spurted out of his mouth."

She took a moment to pause, thinking about what she was going to say, "That day, I made two vows to myself: Only I can look after myself, and I can't keep depending on others for everything. Ever since then, I was a lost cause to my father, always fighting with his guards, getting sword fighting lessons from the instructors, reading every book on battle tactics. Fighting became my life."

"You don't have to fight any more," Robb muttered, shuffling next to her, "We've got fleets to fight for us."

"That's the thing," she chuffed, "I want to fight."