Metal bars and Magic cars

Start from the beginning

“Don’t worry, Fayeleia. We’ll work on that sarcasm of yours,” he says. Good luck with that.

Okay…on that happy, break-me-down note, do I get to know who you are? I’m kinda new at this whole captive-captee thing but, well, you know my name but all I get is ‘P’. If that’s your whole name, sorry, but that’s very unfortunate.” P smiles, knowingly and then turns to go down the hall.

“Uh, so should I just hang out here or do I get a hall pass or something?” P just keeps walking. “Library card? Harmonica?” I suggest. If you haven’t noticed, when I’m freaking out I tend to crack a ton of jokes. And what better time to freak out than being kidnapped by a magical psyco and locked in a cell? P is gone now. I’m alone. My first thought? Use magic to break out. Success rate? Zero. Nothing. I am being shunned by the walls. That’s just not fair. Next? Tunnel. Have you ever tried to dig through cement? I don’t recommend it. Next plot…teleportation. JK. I can’t teleport. I sit down after a failed attempt to locate a window and lean my head back against the wall. Well, when all else fails…

Hakuna Matata, what a wonderful phrase. Hakuna Matata, ain’t no passing craze! It means no worries, for the rest of your days! It’s our problem free, philosophy! Hakuna Matata! Hakuna Matata? Yeah! It’s our motto! What’s a motto? Nothing. What’s the motto with you? Hahahaha….” I’m quoting Lion King. In a prison cell. With no one else around. Hey! I had a dream like this once! I continue to sing and quote the rest of the Disney movie. I’m adding that to my résumé. I didn’t know I could do that. When I finish I move on to the next movie that comes to mind.

Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down! The medicine go do-own. The medicine go down! Just a spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delight-ful way…duh duh duh dun…” Yes, it has come to Mary Poppins. I really need to get out of here. As for now though…I continue singing. Halfway through I love to laugh! I hear footsteps again. Where is the door this guy is coming from?

“Lost your voice yet, Fayeleia?”

“You didn’t leave me a harmonica.” I would be better if he left me a harmonica. All prisons should provide prisoners with harmonicas. I’m submitting a petition as soon as I get out of here. I see it now…Cells need song! That’s what I’ll call it.

“I appreciated you filling the halls with Disney music by the way. No prisoner, I think ever has thought of that as their escape plan.” I think of Dominico.

“And he says I’m not creative,” I mutter with glee.

“What?”

“Oh nothing, I just revealed to you my plot for your demise. Oops. Guess you missed it!” Why is P still dressed up as Dominico? If I could change who I looked like, I assure you, it wouldn’t be Dominico. It would probably be a really famous person. Then I’d walk into Kroger. That would be hilarious.

“Well if you simply got your ideas from the Lion King and Mary Poppins I don’t think I have too much to worry about.” P states with a gloating smile.

“I don’t know. I mean, the whole plot of Lion King is about some crazy jealous little brother who murders a King and then tricks his son into running away forever and then there’s Mary Poppins. She’s, like, practically perfect in every way. So there’s that. And she can jump through concrete. Wait a second…can I have some chalk with that harmonica?”