Part 2: Death Match

Leorio Paladiknight.

You knew this person.
He was the Hunter that managed to pass the 287th Hunter Exam.

"Welcome to 293th Hunter Exam. I am your First Phase Examiner, Leorio Paladiknight. And for the first Exam...
I need you to divide into 2 groups. The first Groups is consisted of Examinees with Odd numbers. And the second group is consisted of Examinees with Even numbers. Now move!"

There are 632 examinees in total, and your number is '211', so you are in the Odd groups.

"Now. I want the Odd group to gather here and stand in line from the lowest number to the highest. While the Even group can relax over there."

Weirded out, you immediately looked at your number and search for number '209' and '213' as they are going to stand in front and behind you. You found them already standing in the line, so you just slip through between them.

"Now I want you to do a... DEATH MATCH 1-on-1! With the order number '1' examinee will fight to death with number '3', '5' will fight with '7', '9' with '11', and etc."

'D-Death Match?!' You thought. Everyone was shocked when hearing that and quite taken back.

"...I-impossible...!" Said one of the examinee

"There's n-no way we're doing that..!" Said the other

"Well. If you retreat now.. It's okay too."

The people who got scared ran away and got disqualified from the exam. There are 578 participants left.

Of course you are shocked, but you have promised yourself and Hisoka that you will be a Hunter. So you have no choice but to win.

"Geez! Now I have to count again...." Leorio said while scratching the back of his head and start counting.

"578, huh? Then let's just start already."

Since the number before you gave up, somehow you will be fighting number '193'.

"Now i'll explain the rules. Please, Even numbers watch carefully. You ALL will be fighting with the selected opponent AT THE SAME TIME. So i won't be watching you guys one by one. Even though this is 'Death Match', It's okay to surrender and give up. Attacking the throat is prohibited, as the person you attack will become unable to surrender, if that happens, I will disqualified BOTH of you. You can either surrender or continue to fight. And for the Even group, you can do whatever you want with the Odd Groups. You can watch them, but you can't help them. I want you to help me heal them up but it's okay if you don't, but only after the match is over, and you can only safe 1 person. Ah! By the way, weapons are not allowed. Then... START!"

You immediately focused to number '193' when Leorio signaled us to fight.
You picked up some fighting techniques from your parents, at least you can manage some kicks and punches. Thank Goodness they didn't allow weapons, as your opponent's weapon is a big ass sword from who knows where. And plus you can surrender anytime.
Even though the battle has just begin, there are people that cheated with immediately surrendered theirselves. But not you. If you can't win this fight, there's no way you can survive the next stages.

Number 193 then charged towards you with a big jump and it seems he wants to hit your head with his elbow, but you trained with Hisoka and now you are quite flexible and agile, so you are able to dodge his attack. And now, you throw some small but quick punches and with several kicks so that he won't have time to recover. You managed to create bruises all over his face as he didnt cover them at all. Starting to feel tired, you stopped and jumped further to the back. He doesn't seems like a hardworking person, that's why he immediately surrendered. After your match is over, a girl suddenly came over towards you and number 193. She asked whether you're injured or not. You said that number 193 got a few bruises, and suggest her to treat him instead.

After that, the girl went back to the Even group.

"The name's Loin. Yours?" Number 193, Loin, introduces himself.

"Ah! My name is (F/N) Morow." You said while bowing and apologizing for his bruises

"Naah. I'm shocked at how fast you can be." After a few words, Leorio notices that everyone has finished his match. 8 people died and the rest are only injured.

"Now that you are finished. I will be announcing who will pass this Stage. And the one who pass is...."

You gulped.

"From Odd Group, People who won the match and people who surrendered but ended up with big injury! People who immediately surrendered right after the match start, are eliminated!"

That means... you win.

"From Even Group, People who treated other people wins. While people that only watched, are eliminated!"

You are really glad that you can pass the Exam. And then the examinees that passed followed Leorio to the 2nd Stage of Hunter Exam