And Clarke's head hurt. What had she been hit with? Well, there were no other places that hurt so clearly her kidnapper wanted her alive. At least for now.

She sighed, trying to pick herself up, but she realized she was in a chair. In the middle of the room. With her legs and arms tied tightly down. She sighed again.

Someone in the corner of the room moved, causing Clarke to let out a tiny yelp of surprise as she watched a man stand up and walk into the light of the candles. He was wearing attire that made it seem like he was a guard, and his expression was blank as he pulled the door open and walked out. Clarke furrowed her brow in confusion, watching the door as she waited for someone to return.

For a moment all was quiet, and then she heard footsteps from down the hall he had entered, and the door opened again. Clarke kept her mouth shut as she watched not only Jaha, but Ontari enter as well. They both bore the same malicious looking smirk, Jaha holding a small chip in his hand with an infinity symbol on it. The same guard entered behind them, resting their back against the wall and watching the encounter.

"Good evening, Clarke." She said nothing as she watched him approach her. "Normally, we'd lock you up with those that would refuse to take this." He holds the chip closer to her face, and she leans back, inching her mouth to the side as far as she can. "Because I know you're going to resist, Clarke. Am I wrong?"

Clarke didn't answer, just gave him a hard, cold look.

"I thought so. Well, we can't lock you downstairs until you accept this, so we'll have to-"

"Why can't you lock me downstairs?" Clarke asked slowly, her voice raspy even though she hadn't screamed or talked at all until now.

"Because we need you to convince Lexa to take this. Without her, none of her people will accept the chip." Jaha says as though it's obvious. "But I can call in Octavia if plan A doesn't work."

Plan A? What was plan- Oh. Her mind stopped talking when she felt cold hands pull her head back, another set grabbing her chin and tugging down. Clarke tried to snap her jaw shut, but it didn't work, the person above her having such a strong grip that Clarke swore he could tear her jaw right off with one wrong move. Jaha got closer to her with the chip in his hand, holding it right above her tongue. She tried to move it so he couldn't place it in her mouth, but one of the people above her grabbed hold of her tongue and pressed it back, giving Jaha the room.

He set it in her mouth, and one of the people above her forcefully closed her mouth, making sure Clarke couldn't spit it out. She tried to push it to the edge of her mouth, but she felt it melting and slipping down her throat, leaving a weird sensation tingling around in her head.

The people let go of her struggling form when Jaha held a hand up, and they all stepped back as she continued to fight against the restraints, though she was starting to slow her movements now as the chip took over.

For the second time since the red, she felt her mind slipping.

---

Lexa's POV

Why me? Why did I have to fall in love with someone as stubborn as Clarke? Lexa thought as she anxiously tapped her foot on the ground. Lexa wanted to go with her scouts, but she knew she couldn't. She had things to deal with here, and as always, her duties as Commander had to take place over Clarke. She didn't like it being that way, but she knew it's how it has to be.

Lexa was in the middle of discussing something with one of her warriors when two of the men she recognized from the group of scouts that had been dispatched entered with a perfect looking Clarke in front of them. Not a single hair seemed to be out of place.