Becca

Clarke's POV

Clarke ended up leaving Lexa's side.

Long enough to relieve herself, that is.

They were stopped just outside the village Lexa's grounder soldiers had taken refuge at while waiting for the Ice Nation. Clarke dismissed herself into the woods, shrugging off Lexa's not-so-subtle grab at her arm as she asked her where in god's name she thought she was going.

Clarke found a spot far enough away that she thought no one could see her, her mind briefly wondering back to the time Raven disappeared when she too had gone to use the-

A twig snapped behind her, and she felt something wrap around her head as she was finishing her business. Her head was pulled to the side, being rammed into the tree she'd been hiding behind moments before. Clarke tried to struggle against the iron grip of the man, or woman, she had no clue, but it proved to be useless when she felt her brain shutting down from the impact and darkness took over.

---

Lexa's POV

Lexa sat impatiently waiting for Clarke to return from the woods. This was ridiculous -- Clarke and Lexa had seen each other naked before, so why should Clarke care if Lexa accompanied her into the woods now? It wasn't like she would be seeing her completely uncovered. And it wasn't like Lexa had to be looking, either. She just wanted to keep her safe.

It had been too long since Clarke had dismissed herself, and Lexa was starting to worry. God, how could she let this happen again? How could she let Clarke follow her into a potentially dangerous situation and then allow Clarke to wonder off on her own?

If it were anyone else, Lexa would have sent a guard after Clarke. But this was Clarke, and Lexa didn't want anyone else to check up on her. So instead, she just decided to bring one of her guards to watch her back while she looked for Clarke.

Lexa had paid attention to the spot of the trees Clarke had entered, and seeing as she was only going to pee she couldn't have gone that far. With her guard in tow, she walked carefully past a few bushes and scanned for any sign of bright blonde hair. When she spotted none, she grunted in annoyance and stepped out further, careful not to step on any twigs or cause a disturbance.

Lexa took a chance and called out Clarke's name. No answer.

This isn't happening again, Lexa started to panic in her mind, though her face remained blank, I didn't lose her again. She will emerge from behind a tree with a smile on her face and that beautiful laugh of hers will sing songs never heard before and she will be okay.

But nothing happened. The woods were as calm as ever.

Lexa shouted her name louder, this time cupping a hand around her mouth to amplify her voice. She didn't hear any response. The guard behind her shifted nervously on his feet, looking out at the trees same as Lexa.

Lexa turned to her guard, "I want men dispatched immediately. Nobody comes back unless they have Clarke with them."

---

Clarke's POV

Clarke was oddly used to this -- waking up in a strange new location. It'd happened her first night on the ground when she'd awoken from a dream in the middle of the forest. Then again when she awoke in her new bed in Tondc. Then the mountain. Now this, wherever this was.

It was certainly darker than the other places she'd woken up in. There was no lighting save for a few candles flickering by what must've been the entrance, and there was a grate somewhere to the left that allowed moonlight to shine through. So I've been out for awhile then... it wasn't dark before.