chapter seven

chapter seven || help me

"Okay, well, we know one thing: both of the first two keys, Allison and Aiden, they're both names of the dead, right?" Stiles asks Lydia

She nods. "But we've already tried every other dead person's name we could think of, and if you haven't noticed, there were a lot of tries."

Stiles rubs his forehead. "Yeah, I've noticed," he looks at her door. "Hey, is Ariel here?"

Lydia sighs. "Yeah she's in her room sleeping. Please don't bother her she needs her rest."

Stiles nods knowing she is right. He sighs. "Alright, okay." The pale boy looks up at Lydia. "Hey, are you okay?" He asks, seeing the distant look in her eyes.

"The only other banshee I've ever met and I think I might have just drove her over the edge."

Stiles sighs. "Lydia, it wasn't your fault, Parrish was there too and you're probably not the only... hold on. Banshees predict death, right? So what if the third key is someone who isn't dead... "

"But will be," Lydia says before taking a deep breath, closing her eyes and types in 'Derek'.

The word 'Denied' pops up across the screen in big bold red letters.

Stiles sighs. "Try again."

Lydia once again closes her eyes and types. Stiles looks at the screen his face pale, Lydia having a horrified expression.

"No, no!" Stiles says shaking his head.

Lydia looks at Stiles, pity in her eyes. "Stiles..."

"No!" He screams pounding his fist on the desk, Lydia flinching in her seat.

"Please, Lydia, please write something else," he begs, his voice cracking.

Lydia shakes her head, her eyes glossed over and presses enter. A list of names fill the computer screen.

Stiles shakes his head. "I can't, I can't."

Lydia takes a deep breath and looks at the names on the screen.

The pack maybe able to save these people but they won't be able to save the mermaid that has swam her way into their hearts.

They're going to lose Ariel.

Because her death was inevitable.