0.1 ↣ damon thompson

THE ROOM WAS still. The walls and floors cover in metallic greys. The only objects in the room was a two-way mirror, a table that was bolted to the floor, and two chairs on opposite sides, both bolted to the floor. 

 The two chairs were occupied. One side facing a bland wall was Maria Hill, who was interviewing the side facing the mirror, Damon Thompson.

 After twenty minutes of talking and going through why he was recruited, Maria got at least something to put in a file.

 "Damon Thomspon," Hill stated, "Age sixteen, just like all the other recruits like you by the way, male, and has enhancements."

 The male draped in the chair opposite of her raised his eyebrow challengingly, willing her to continue.

 Maria took a deep breath, continuing, "Enhancements include avian mimicry, enhanced agility, enhanced balance, enhanced lung capacity, enhanced senses, enhanced reflexes, hollow skeleton, wing manifestation, aerial adaptation, atmospheric adaptation, wings, flight, gliding, decelerated aging, and enhanced dexterity. Is that all? No prey instinct?"

 Damon took a moment before he positioned himself normally in the chair and leaned forward, forearms on the cold table, shrugging.

 "Come on, Damon. This place is where you can trust us. We aren't here as an interrogation. Think of this as an interview. An overview so we know what to train you in," She attempted to coax him gently.

 He cleared his throat, sounding almost reluctant when he stated, "Yes. I have prey instinct. Not very controlled, though."

 Maria nodded, looking downwards to add onto her notes. After a couple of seconds she looked back up, "How do you hide your wings?"

 Damon stood up, shrugging off a heavy coat he always wore. "Is it okay if I take off my shirt?" He questioned, looking purely innocent as his hands were positioned at the hem of his navy blue t-shirt, ready to yank it off.

 Hill cleared her throat awkwardly, but remained stoic yet gentle, "Go ahead."

 He took off the piece of clothing and turned around, "There's, um, slits on my back here, and my wings usually grow out of there. It's painful sometimes but I'm used to it."

 "Alright, and how did you get them?"

 He shifted uncomfortably on his feet, "I guess I grew up with them, and just never realized it until a kid. My parents never wanted me to show anyone, and they would always try to see if I could do stuff. Those other agents said they were from a bad place, HYDRA is it?"

 Maria nodded.

 "Well, I guess they just experimented on me when I was a baby, and I was just living in an experiment. Sucks though, because they were really the only people I had contact with. No friends, no other family."

 After a couple moments of silence and the sound of pen writing on paper, Maria stood up from the chair and handed Damon his discarded clothes, "You will be rooming with five other boys on level 2. You can choose your room, but you should be aware that you are sharing the floor with five other boys and four other girls. You guys are the second recruited group, so there isn't much worry about space at this point. You will receive your class schedule in two days, so you have time to settle in. Clothes and all necessary needs are provided to everyone in every room in every closet. That being said, some rooms are meant for girls, some are meant for boys. Choose your room wisely, and here is your Identification Card that gives you access to your classes and only the floors you are allowed."

 "Okay, um, what are these classes again?" He asked while putting on the clothes again.

 Maria Hill smiled at the boy, "Just basic training classes that teaches you your powers and how to control them and more."

 "Alright," Damon nodded jerkily, before walking out of the room and towards where he thought the elevator was.