2. Meeting

Amani Reese.

Kelvin pulled on my jacket sleeve as we walked in the house. I saw my boyfriend Tremaine and our daughter Kiah sitting on the couch. Tremaine and I have been together for 8 years (going on 9), and Kiah's mom passed away when she was only 1 year old, so I've been her mother figure. I know, you're wondering why I have a son with Roc if I've been with Tremaine for so long. Well Tremaine had a one night stand with a girl, so I returned the favor. Only issue is, I ended up pregnant, and that's how Kelvin came about. I remembered Roc because he was friends with my brother, Jay.

Today, Roc and his family are coming over for dinner. Honestly this was all Tremaine's idea and I'm not enjoying the thought of it. But it's whatever, I guess. "Ok guys," I spoke. "Go get ready. We need to look super presentable. I'm not about to have a bad letter to my name." Everyone ran to their rooms and about an hour later, we were looking like this:

" Everyone ran to their rooms and about an hour later, we were looking like this:

I smiled at them. Kelvin didn't wanna change out of his Superman pajamas, so I just let him leave them on. Just as we were about to get comfy, there was a knock on the door. "They're here!" Kelvin beamed.

Bahja.

I could feel my thighs start to sweat as we waited for this Amani Reese chick to open the door

I could feel my thighs start to sweat as we waited for this Amani Reese chick to open the door. Chresanto turned to me. "Babe, there's something I gotta tell you." "Tell me when we leave." "No, this can't wait." I rung the doorbell. "I'm sure it can." "Coming!" Said a voice from inside. "No, Bahja, listen--" "UGH! What is it that you could possibly have to say to me right now?!" The door swung open and I stared into her soul. She stood there with the same look on her face. "Oh my god." The words escaped her lips. "Alana??" "Bahja??" "Y'all know each other?" I got up and ran to the car and got in. I pulled my phone out and dialed my moms number.

Mom: hello?
Bahja: mom, you remember Chresanto's baby mama, right?
Mom: yeah, what she do?
Bahja: his baby mama is Alana.

The line went quiet.

Bahja: ma. You ok?
Mom: my Alana? What are you saying, Bajha?
Bahja: Alana is alive.