~2~

~5 years later~

(y/n) was running around the living room like they - I'm using they, incase a boy reads this, cause IDC WHO READS THIS!!! "YOU DO YOU, AND I'LL DO ME, AND WE WON'T DO EACH OTHER . . . probably" ~Markiplier ♡ - usually do when they're hyper.

Asgore walked in the living room to see his child running around and laughing, which made him smile.

"(y/n)," He said, making the child look at him, "can you ever be calm?"

"Nope!" (y/n) replied with a smile.

Asgore chuckled and knelt down, making (y/n) run over to him. "How about I give you some tea? Would that calm you down?"

". . . maybe . . ." They replied with a smug smile.

Asgore picked up the child and brought them to the kitchen table and went back into the kitchen, grabbing two teacups and a kettle that was already filled with tea. He returned to the living room and set the cups on the table, pouring tea into each cup.

After a little while, (y/n) was starting to doze off, and Asgore noticed this. He got up, picked up the child and carried them to their room that they have been staying in ever since Asgore first found them - nothing has changed.

After the child was tucked in and Asgore left the room, he began to think.

"I haven't cleaned in a while," Asgore realized calmly. "I should fix that."

And, by the power of magic, Asgore got out a broom and dustpan and began sweeping around the house.

~le timeskip after an hour~

Asgore had just finished sweeping the welcome area, and right before he was going to dispose the last dustpan full of dirt, he looked back at the stairs that led to, what shall be called, the basement. He never really cleaned down there, more like never went down there, and decided to check and see if everything was - at least - not crumbling at the seams.

Asgore walked down the steps, not hearing creaking, which was a good thing. He walked all the way down the hallway and arrived at the large purple doors that led to the rest on the underground, or what became of it. Asgore hasn't left the Ruins since he left her.

Asgore reached the door, placing a hand on the door, but pulling it back from the cold that arrupted across his fur covered hand(?).

"It's freezing," Asgore stated to himself, rubbing his hands together to create warmth.

"welp," another voice began, "that's what it's like over here; always snowy, always cold."

Asgore was shocked, hearing another voice on the other side of this door.

"Who are you?" Asgore asked with interest.

"a punny skeleton with one to many jokes crawling across his spine. what about you?"

"Just a simple goat creature, I guess." Asgore started to sit down, now very curious about this new monster on the other side of the door.

"Why don't you tell me one of your jokes?" Asgore asked.

"uh, ok i guess.

"knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"dishes."

"Dishes who?"

"dishes a really bad joke."

Asgore errupted with laughter, making the skeleton on the other side of the door smile, just without Asgore knowing.

"Oh!" Asgore said with a smile, "I have a joke. Why didn't the skeleton cross the road?"

"hm . . . i'm not sure."

"Because he didn't have the guts to."

The other side soon started laughing very hard just like Asgore had before.

"man, i aught to use that one on my brother."

"You have a sibling?"

"yup. his name is sans, and man does he get aggrivated from a good pun. you should've seen his face when i told him a pun yesterday."

Asgore chuckled. "I honestly haven't told many jokes to my little one here."

"'little one'?"

"Yes. I have a child living here with me. They are the sweetest little thing."

"and you've prevented this kid from hearing a good knock knock joke?"

Asgore thought on that. "Honestly," he said after a few seconds of deep thought, "I haven't gotten to know my child and what they like to do."

"man. well, you should get started on that."

Asgore nodded. "Yes I shall."

Asgore got up to leave, but turned back to the door. "I have to go, but how about you come back tomorrow? Around the same time?"

The monster on the other side seemed a little shocked. "well, i'm glad you like my jokes, but why not tell them to whoever lives where you are?"

"In all honesty, the Ruins seem to get smaller and smaller everyday, but I'd hate to venture outside of them and leave my child behind."

"why not bring the kid with ya?"

"I feel they are to young, and may get hurt. They are only seven years of age.

"Either way, will you be here tomorrow?"

The silence set in for a few seconds, then the monster replied. "sure, i'll be here."

Asgore smiled. "Until tomorrow." With that, Asgore headed back up the stairs to check on the human child asleep in their room.