5

Hiccups POV

I watched as y/n and Eret Walked towards his house, sapphire trotting after her. I growl under my breath but stop myself.
Why am I acting like this?

"Hiccup, you're jealous." Snotlout said suddenly.
I turn towards him. "What? Me? Jealous? What are you talking about."

"Don't think you can fool me hiccup. Everybody else may be oblivious, but not I, Snotlout Jorgenson."
I roll my eyes. "And how do you figure?"

"Well, your hands are in fists, your jaw is clenched, and you're always giving Eret the death glare."

I look down at my balled fists, then notice the soreness in my jaw. I release the pressure in my jaw and look at Snotlout.

"See, jealous." He said, flipping his wrist before walking away.

"I guess I am kinda jealous," I admit to myself.

I decide to walk by Erets hut and see what they're talking about. I sneak around the side of the house and listen through one of the open windows.

"I just don't know,"
"Y/n, everything's going to be okay."
"But you can't guarantee that, Eret. They may act like they accept or trust me, but if it really comes down to it, they're going to side with the island and cast me away. I just don't want anything to happen to you or Sapphire. I wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to either of you."

Y/n's voice came close to the window. I pressed myself almost flat against the side of the house. Y/n looked out the window, her s/c skin reflecting perfectly off the sunlight. She sighed "I just hope my name isn't a burden here."

"Hey, third times a charm," Eret said. Y/n laughed and turned away from the window.
"Let's hope so."

I stop listening after that.
Third times a charm? What did Eret mean by that? Deep In thought, I walked away from the house. How could a girl so beautiful be such a burden? Guess we're gonna find out.

~time skip~
Your POV

Everybody who was anybody was gathered at the great hall for a party. Foods of all colors, very, very, strange drinks.
Drinking adults, clashing of mugs, and loud shouts filled the room.

I'm not much for crowds, at all.
I just kinda stood there, getting weird looks from these drunk guys. I started to feel uncomfortable with everything and just headed outside.

Once I was out of the great hall, I inhaled the night air.

It was cold outside, but it was better than there. I heard the door open then close.
"I'm fine Eret, just need some time to myself."
When there was no answer I finally turned my head, my e/c eyes meeting the persons forest green ones.

"I thought you were Eret," I say quietly turning around to face him.
"Not much for parties?" Hiccup asked, standing next to me.

"I've never been to one, it's so overwhelming. Plus I'm not much of a crowd person."

"You've never been to a party before?"
I shook my head.

"Well at least tell me you've danced before."
I stammered, gave Hiccup a "You got me" look and shook my head.

"Seriously? Come on, come here." He reached his arms towards me.
"No, hiccup I-"
My sentence was cut off by my body being pressed against his. A hot blush covered my face as he took my hands. He put one on his shoulder and took the other in his hand. He draped his other arm across my waist.

"I can't dance..." I say through a slight laugh.
"It's okay, just let me lead." He says in a low voice, which I admit, his kinda a turn on.

We slowly dance around the small clearing. 

"It's all about the beat." Hiccup told me. It's just a sequence of one, two, three." I looked at him and cocked an eyebrow. "Okay. One two three." I replied sassily. Hiccup chuckled. No with your feet. "How are my feet supposed to count?" I asked, completely confused. 

Hiccup threw his head back in a laugh. "Okay," he said in between laughs. "I mean like this," He steps towards me with one foot, my foot stepping backward. I look up.  "One." I nod with a small smile. "One," I repeated. Hiccup gave me a crooked smile. "Good! Now two,"

We continued the three basic steps, it was all very confusing to me. "Now step two," He instructed. I nodded. I took a step forward, and so did he. Hiccup winced a bit. "And that's my foot.  Again." 

I separated us and groaned in frustration and then laughed. "You only have one foot how do I keep stepping on it?" We both broke down laughing, clutching our stomachs. We both settled down and looked at each other. A long pause was shared. A long awkward pause. I chuckled slightly. "Um, I'm sorry." Hiccup smiled back at me. "Don't worry. It's quite funny actually."

I rub my upper arm slightly with a shrug. "I told you I can't dance." Hiccup shrugged. A small smirk spread on his face. He held his arms out in the position that they were in before when he was dancing with me. He slightly motioned with his hand for me to come over to him. I rolled my eyes and returned to my original position. "Ready?" He asked. I huffed slightly. "I guess." 

Hiccup laughed softly and pulled me slightly closer to him. I stammered a few noises, not knowing what to do or what was happening. And apparently, neither did someone else. 

A loud bang could be heard from the hall doors followed by an angry voice. "What in thors name is going on here?"