Chapter Two *Re-Wrriten*

A'Tayah M. Briggs

"Look at me!" Rio screamed while he was on the swing. He was going pretty high and it looked like he was going to jump.

Oh no!

"Rio! No!" I screamed and ran to him.

But it was too late, he already jumped. Before Rio could touch the ground someone caught him. I ran over to them and the boy handed Rio to me. I pulled Rio into my chest as he laughed and I kissed his forehead.

"Thank you so much," I thanked the boy who saved Rio.

"You're welcome," The boy said.

I looked down at Rio and saw that he was still laughing.

"Rio, that is not funny! Don't ever do that again!" I scolded Rio.

He stopped laughing and pouted. "I'm sorry, Taya," He apologizes.

I smiled and told him it was alright before standing up. When I stood up I noticed the boy who saved Rio was still next to me.

"Rio go play. And no jumping off things or I won't take you back to the park ever."

Rio nodded and ran off towards the slide.

"Are you babysitting or this your little brother?" The boy asked.

I meant to speak back but when I looked back up and at his face, I had to take a moment to realize how handsome he is.

The boy had brown curls with blonde tips and the most beautiful hazel colored eyes. He has light brown skin and appeared to be mixed with multiple things. He's way taller than my 5'4 frame. He has to be at least 6'0. At least!

All of that stuff, though, was only the small details that him oh so attractive. It was his jawline and lips that attracted me the most. His jawline looks sharper than a butchers knife. And his lips, his lips were so plump but also stretched out a little bit. That didn't matter though because his lips were just godly. Like him.

"Ummm," He hummed, snapping me out of my small trance.

Oh shit. He caught me staring at him. Ugh! I blushed out of embarrassment. "I'm sorry about that. I, I was just thinking about something." I apologized quickly.

Yeah, things like how his lips would feel on yours...

The boy smiled at me. "It's alright. I get stared at everywhere I go. I'm used to it."

"Oh, no, I wasn't really staring at you purposely. I was thinking about something and I just so happened to face you." Yeah right. There's no need to lie A'Tayah. He already knows you were staring at him.

"Sure," The boy said sarcastically. He knew I was lying.

"Okay maybe I was staring at you," I admitted to the boy. He smiled showing his bright white teeth.

"Yeah. I knew you were. Who wouldn't? I mean look at me," He flicked his imaginary collar and licked his lips.

I rolled my eyes playfully at his cockiness. "Don't get cocky. You're cute not the finest person on earth."

He rose his eyebrow at me. I immediately covered my mouth. Did I really just say that out loud? Kill me NOW!

"So," the boy began, "you think I'm cute, aye?" His lips formed into a cocky smirk.

"Umm, anyways," I slowly changed the subject, "What's your name?" Good, Taya.

The boy shook his head at my attempt to change the subject. "I'm Kevin Alston." He smiled his oh-so white smile.

"I'm A'Tayah Briggs," I smiled back as I replied.
-
-
-
"Sissy! Sissy! We go home now? I cold!" Rio shelled as he ran over to Kevin and me.

Kevin and I were currently sitting on the closest bench to the actual playground. Prior to Rio running over here and interrupting us we were talking about our sibling(s) and how they irritated us sometimes. Kevin was in the middle of explaining how his older sister had tried to talk to one of his friends one time which I thought was pretty funny.

I sighed and looked over at Rio who had a red runny nose. I could tell he was way past cold so I decided I'd just go home.

"Yeah, go get your bike and we'll go home," I instructed him.

Rio simply nodded and sprinted towards his bike that sat next to the swing set.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye, eh?" Kevin inquired. Sadly.

I nodded and shrugged. "Yeah, I guess so." I wish I could stay here forever.

We both stood from the old wooden bench and just looked at each other before Kevin spoke up. "This really doesn't have to be a goodbye."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him confused. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, we could meet up here another day," He suggested, "or you could give me your number so we could continue this conversation later on." I stared at Kevin and thought about what I should do.

I mean I could but I don't really know him well enough to give him my number...

Oh, shut up. You know you want to give him your number. Just do it

But even if I were to give him my number I'd have to be sneaky whenever I text him. Daddy would kill me if he found out I was talking to a boy...

Then don't let him find out. Be sneaky with it!

Kevin cleared his throat snapping me out of my thoughts, well argument. "Never mind. You don't have to give me your number if you don't want to. Just forget I even asked about it." His lips formed into a smile that showed he was kind of embarrassed as he scratched the back of his head.

I quickly responded." Oh no. It's fine. I'll give you my number."

He smiled at me, this time it had no sign of embarrassment just happiness. "Really!?"

I laughed and nodded. "Yes really."

I watched as he jumped up and down from glee. I shook my head at how childish he looked. I began to crack up laughing at him which made him look at me, stop jumping, and chuckle lightly.

I took my phone out as he did and we swapped phones, storing our numbers in each other's phones. Once done we gave the phones to the rightful owners and said our goodbyes. Kevin was the first to walk away from the park so I just watched him walk away.

"Hey, Taya! Come on. I ready to go home!" Rio screamed making me jump. He started to laugh so I glared at him which he ignored and continued to laugh. I rolled my eyes at him and told him "come on before I leave you".

He quickly stopped laughing, hopped on his bike and rode his bike beside me as I lead the way out of the park and to our house.