Chapter Fifteen

Rosemary was numb from the freezing rain. She was shivering and whimpering while leaning against Mike for support. Despite how much she loved rain, it brought cold down to her skin, penetrating every inch of it on her body. She felt the sky's tears dribble down her forehead until it reached her chin, mixing up with her own salty tears. Mike's hold on her tightened for reassurance, though it seemed pointless right then. She was cold, soaking wet to the very marrow in her bones, and she was frightened.

Soon, they had arrived at the beach. It was vacant. There wasn't a single person in sight. The normally dry and warm sand was wet with rain. The rain slipped down to the ocean, causing dozens of harsh splashes to occur. Mike gently squeezed Rosemary's trembling shoulder and lead her towards the pad.

He pushed the door open, and was greeted by silence. The lights were all on. The television was off. Micky was found, lying down on the couch, tapping his knees with his drumsticks to create a good beat. Peter and Davy were nowhere in sight.

"What took you so long?" was the first thing Micky said. "I thought you drowned out there."

"Micky, get a towel," Mike said quietly.

"Hm?" Micky said absentmindedly. He finally looked up. His eyebrows shot up in surprise when he saw Rosemary, soaking wet and trembling. "Rose!"

He rolled off the couch and headed towards her and Mike. He and Mike helped her sit on the couch.

"I'll get you a towel," Micky said before sprinting up the spiral staircase.

"Mike? You home?"

Peter appeared from the bedroom Micky had just entered and dashed down the staircase. He froze in his tracks when he spotted Rosemary. He stared at her with his mouth dangling half open in shock. Rosemary wiped her eyes.

"Quit staring, Pete," she shakily smiled. "I know I'm not a nice sight when I'm wet, but you don't need to rub it in."

Peter shook his head, his surprised look morphing into one of concern. He knelt down in front of Rosemary. After gazing into his worried eyes, she dissolved into fits of cries and sobs.

"Hey, now," Peter placed a hand on top of hers. "I didn't mean to stare, Rose."

Rosemary knew he was only joking. "Oh, it's not that," she sniffled.

Peter thought it best to not question. Soon, Micky returned with a towel. He draped it over Rosemary's shoulders and playfully narrowed his eyes at her.

"Did you swim in the rain or something?" he teased.

Rosemary weakly chuckled. "Y-you could say that."

"Where's Davy?" Mike asked.

The door beside the refrigerator in the kitchen swung open, and out came no other than Davy Jones himself. "Right here, Mike," he called. His eyes widened, however, once he caught sight of his ex girlfriend. "Rosemary?"

Rosemary looked over her shoulder, where Davy stood, dumbfounded and confused. "H-hi," she mumbled.

Davy was beside her in seconds. She stared at the ground, embarrassed. She hadn't been this close to him since they broke up. She wrapped the towel around herself tighter.

"What're you doing here?" Davy asked.

"Why's everyone so surprised to see me here?" Rosemary muttered.

"We're not surprised to see you," Micky said. "We're surprised to see you soaking wet."

"Yeah, it's not something we see everyday," Peter said cheekily.