Chapter 39 - "I Plan To Make You Flustered In A Whole Different Way."

Start from the beginning

And then I kiss her, hard.

I pull back, pushing away strands of wayward curls from her face, "Even if you had a cross eye and a bell shaped nose, I would still love you, because guess what? You made me realize who I am, what I'm meant to be. Never cover yourself up," I shake my head, smiling down at her.

She opens her mouth to explain, to say something, but I place a hand over her mouth, covering it.

"No, you don't have to explain anything. This . . . this constant doubt you're having, it can be removed only with time . . . I can only promise you one thing, I'm not leaving until you tell me to, so just, hang in there and believe it, you'll eventually stop doubting me and my love for you."

Crap. I couldn't hide the hurt from the last few words.

And with the way her face shrinks in shame, I think she felt what I felt through the link. "I'm so sorry, Cage. I never should've let myself think all this, I'm so sorry—"

"Nah, It's fine—" I start, pushing myself up,

"No, Cage. I'm never gonna second guess anything between us again, I've got to stop doing it, and I promise, I'm never doing it again—"

I place a palm over her mouth again, covering it to stop her cute rambling. She stops breathing and looks at me with wide eyes, waiting for me to speak. I just shake my head and smile at her, unable to help myself despite the situation.

I know it's gonna take her some time to get used to it, and I think I won't die if I wait.

"It's okay, Red, it's okay. Don't get all worried and flustered. 'Cause, I plan to make you flustered in a whole different way," I wink again, and she exhales loudly, her breath hot and heavy against the inside of my palm.

Her cheeks flush at the implication in my sentence, yet the desire brings that familiar sheen to her granite grey eyes, making it darken subtly and dilute. I remove my hand slowly as I lean forward, my lips closing the distance—

"Seneca, Micajah! We're—Oh fuck!" An ever-so-familiar voice yells, just as the door flies open without even a cursory knock.

We should've locked the damn thing last night.

Hey, you can't blame me. You know very well what was in my mind, and let me assure you, locking the door was the last thing in my list since the house was empty.

We jump apart and scramble to cover ourselves, which is thankfully not hard as the sheets are already up to my waist and I'd covered most of her from the intruder's gaze with my body. But still I yank the sheets higher and pull it over us, hurrying to tamper down the red threatening to darken the skin on my cheeks.

Nothing wrong with being in bed with your Mate, Micajah. Don't you blush for it.

But no matter how much I try, I can't help the dark red stain coating my cheeks when I finally turn to meet the azure eyes of our interruption.

Our Beta.

"Ezra, what the hell?" Seneca yells the same time I comment, "That's what we were about to do." in the driest tone I could pull.

Ezra is standing in our doorway, his eyes covered with both hands, shocked and frozen in place.

Slowly, the tips of his ears and neck turn red, and then he's cautiously peeking from in-between his fingers, before he quickly covers his eyes again, "You guys decent?"

"Yes," We chorus, drawing the sheets closer to us.

"Uh, no, I'll just go and—"

"Ezra, just cut the act and get to the point." Seneca groans, letting her head fall back against the headrest of the cot.