"No!" I leaped and ran after him.

"November!" I heard Hermione crying out my name.

I quickened my pace after the rat, trying to catch him. I hexed as I ran, but the target was too small to be hit even if I aimed. I heard Professor Lupin's howl and the trio's screams. Then, everything was in slow motion. I remembered hearing howls, screams, barks, and after that, there was nothing but blackness.

•••••

I woke up in total blackness, surrounded by trees and grasses. Slowly, I stood up and my eyes started to adjust to the dark. I remembered tripping at the foot of the hill, hitting my head and blacking out. I had no idea what happened to Professor Lupin, Sirius, Harry, Ron, Hermione or Snape. All I knew was that Pettigrew had probably slipped away already.

As I started walking, I nearly fell over again as the pain in my ankle shot straight up my legs and through my entire body. It seemed that I had sprained my ankle the moment I tripped. I limped my way up the hills and back to the castle, praying that they were all okay. I made my way to Madam Pomfrey's, as soon as I was right outside the door and put my hand on the handle, I heard Hermione's voice.

"... The point is... We know the truth." Hermione said to someone "Please, sir, you must believe us."

"I do, Miss Granger." That was Professor Dumbledore's voice "But I'm sorry to say that the word of three thirteen-year-old wizards will convince few others. A child's voice, however honest and true, is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen."

Well, at least I knew now the three of them were safe. But what about Sirius and Professor Lupin?

"Ah... A shooting star. If ever one was to make a wish, now would be the time. But time, I'm afraid, is precisely our problem." Professor Dumbledore said "Mysterious thing, time. Powerful. And, when meddled with... dangerous. Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower."

I heard exactly what he said and turned around, limping my way to the Dark Tower. I heard the door opened and looked back to see Professor Dumbledore nodding at me, his hand gestures telling me to hurry up. Luckily, the Dark Tower wasn't that far. I climbed up the tower with difficulty, but I was able to reach the topmost cell. Sirius was sitting in there, looking even more tired and torn. He noticed me limping towards him and sprung up onto his feet.

"November!" He said "Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine." I said, wrapping my hands around the small bars "I tripped when I was chasing Pettigrew. I might have sprained my ankle."

"You should be in the hospital wing." He said.

"No, I must see you." I said "Is Professor Lupin okay?"

"He ran off, but he will be fine." Sirius said "I figure you have something to ask."

"How do you know?"

"You look like you do."

"I was wondering." I said "Back in the Shrieking Shack, before you interrupted Pettigrew when he begged me and Harry for some mercy, he said I knew him. Why? I never knew him until we actually cornered him in the Shack. And when he called my name, remember that 'November Ri--' he said? My name is November Crystal Avery, there is no 'Ri' sound in there."

He looked at me for a moment, eyes widened but skeptical.

"You are truly too wise for your age." He said "There are things I can't tell you, November, for your own good. You will eventually find out about it when you get older, but not now."

"Does it have anything to do with my--" I hesitated "--my father?"

"Who told you about your father?" He asked.

"I-- I heard Dumbledore and Snape talking outside the Headmaster's office." I said "I didn't mean to eavesdrop or anything, I just accidentally overheard it and I can't get the thought out of my head."

"You are a smart girl." He said "You will eventually figure it out."

I had a hunch that he was hiding something from me, but I wasn't sure whether to ask or not. Just then, a hippogriff landed down few feet away from me and Harry got off along with Hermione. Hermione ran straight to the cell, gently pushing me back and pointed her wand at the lock.

"Bombarda." She said.

The lock exploded and the cell's door opened, Sirius walked out. He talked to Harry, then to Hermione, and he walked over to give me a hug before mounting Buckbeak. As he left, I turned back to Harry and Hermione.

"I thought Buckbeak was executed." I said.

"Long story, but we saved him." Harry said.

"And I thought you three came back super upset because you saw him being executed."

"Again, long story." Hermione told me, then turned to Harry "Hurry, we're running out of time."

They sped off, leaving me behind with a sprained ankle.

"Hey! What about me?" I shouted "Guys!"