Where it all started

Peridots P.O.V

(From Peridots flashback in Chapter 1)

I was walking down the cafeteria halls, heading outside excited to see my best friend and crush Lapis Lazuli, what a unique name, better sounding than "Peridot" that's for sure! She's the only thing I look forward to everyday, without her, life would be miserable, I don't know what I'd do without her, if she some how left me for some mistake, I'd be devastated. We spend all our time just hanging out together, trying our best to plan are routes to each others classes so that we could briefly walk past each other. The only class together we have is math, my best subject, her worst, which is great because it gives me an excuse to go to her house everyday and "tutor" her. It's not like anything happens though, just me explaining how Pythagorean Theron works and then afterwards having a head to head battle in Super Smash Bros on her wii. Things are great, I hope I never lose her, and I hope one day I'll have the guts to ask her out, one day...

"Oof!" "Hey! Watch where you're going pip squeak! Hey, it's peribaby, I almost didn't recognize ya there for a second because of how small you were!". Oh great, Jaspers here, and I managed to be a clutz and bump right into her! What does she want, I only ran into her, and I am a pip squeak after all so why would she care, I'm nothing to her. "Say... got any cash today-" "No! I d-don't." "Aww, is little peribaby trying to avoid me? Well now, guess I'll have to-" what's she doing?! I step back a bit but not far enough, stupid tiny legs! She manages to grab me and lifts me off the ground from my shirt, this can't be good, I gotta stick up for myself, I can't let her keep calling me a baby, maybe if I show I'm tough, they'll get the idea that I'm a small force not to be reckoned with! "Shake it right outta ya!" Wait, shake, what does that mean?! And why does her breath stink of onions, ugh, disgusting!

She begins to violently shake me, hoping money will drop out as her prize, but the only thing that falls out is dust and pennies. "Hey, let me go!" I Yelp while being shaken, and to my surprise my request works! But then she actually lets me go. "So that's how you wanna play now?" She says in a low tone, she doesn't sound very happy, which means I should run. Quickly I scrape myself together and get up ready to make a run for it, but before I do, I feel a hard thump against my jaw and I'm down on the ground. She just.. She just punched me.. I wasn't looking for a fight!

I began to grow scared and of course, lil ol' me started crying out of fear. That didn't make things better. Soon a crowd circled around us, pumping their fist in the air yelling "Fight! Fight! Fight!" Over and over again. Jasper stood above me, her mouth moving but I couldn't quite hear, all I could hear was a ringing noise. Then it came clear. "Say, for a Peridot aren't you suppose to be, I don't know, bigger? Are you defective?-" "N-no!" I yell, everyone goes silent and stares, at me, for what? I'm just sticking up to myself! Not even I know myself whether or not I'm defective! "I'm normal sized! And better than you, at least I have value to Yellow Diamond as a mechanic!" Crap why'd I say that?! "Look whose smart mouthing.." Jasper said in a crisp tone, everything was tense, sweat beaded against my forehead and it was so silent you could hear other people breathes. Jasper pulls out a book, I don't know what's on it but a.. Yellow diamond appears on the cover.. This can't be good. She flips through pages, some ripping because of how fast she turns each page, like she cares enough, then finally she stops with a 'Aha' look and points to something on the page but I don't know what it is. Then, she turns the book around to see the title of the page be 'Peridots' and a picture of one, looks like me.

"Well let's see here, Peridots are supposed to be the same size as Lapis Lazuli's, and are more bulk, and also their careers aren't nearly important as a Jaspers, Jaspers-" she flips through pages. "Jaspers are warriors in combat, we mean so much more than a simple mechanic!" Everyone begins to laugh, it wasn't even funny, crap, I got myself in this mess, and there's no way out. I stare at the ground, hoping no one can see the tears slipping down my cheeks. My jaw begins to swell up and aches from being punched, and my nose is filled with dry blood, my eyes are puffy and sting, I'm a mess. I sniffle and then hear Jasper clear her throat.

"Well, I guess you aren't what you say you are, Yellow Diamond would be disappointed in somebody like you, a fool, a weakling, a runt.."

A/N:
Last part that Jasper said is actually a part of chapter one, just a little Easter egg there :^)