Chapter 5:Open up

Peridots P.O.V

Laying on my bed, never before have I felt so many emotions all at once. I heard dozens of buzzes coming from my phone, probably Lapis, but I was too afraid to answer. Dry tears on my face shriveled with every blink. I stood up hearing the squeak from my bed, glancing towards my phone I hadn't noticed what specifically Lapis was texting me. Grabbing my phone, I scrolled through the text realizing that Lapis was pissed. Very pissed. Not only that but it seems to be she's making her way towards my fucking house! "FUUUUUCCCKKKK!" I screeched.

"Shit shit shit what am I going to do?! I can't just not let her in, heck she could practically force her way into my home with my tiny stature! And my blades and medication!". Quickly I jumped off my bed and grabbed every last piece of evidence of my mental illness and shoved them under my bed, into my dresser, my closet, anyplace that was unseeable! I was tense, panicked, scared, broken, all at once, I knew how close she lived, I don't have much time before she-

*BANG BANG BANG*
"Peridot open up!" Lapis yelled. "Fuck me" I muttered. Hm, maybe she doesn't know I'm home, maybe if I just wait it out she'll go away! Yah good idea Peridot you always know what to do! I smiled to myself before my moment was interrupted. "Peridot I will break this door down if you don't open it in the next minute so do us a favor and open it!"
Jesus Christ I've never heard her sound so mad. Stepping out of my bedroom I slowly walked down my hallways passing by family portraits and such, hearing each footstep coming from me, probably the last thing I'll hear before Lapis strangles me. Slowly creeping closer and closer to the door I could hear Lapis' angry words escape her, every bit of her flame.
I'm screwed.

Slowly I unlocked the front door quiet enough so Lapis doesn't hear or else she swing the door right open and come right at me. Placing my hand on the door knob I took my last bit of air, gulped and twisted it open feeling the sweat from my hand. Everything went in slow motion all at once, I opened the door and saw her, saw Lapis standing there, her eyes were bloodshot and puffy, her hair was all messed up, and she had the bad case of the sniffles, she was a mess...

But I am no different. Then, our eyes met, and before I knew it I ran like hell, but Lapis, Lapis was much faster as she dashed after me. The farthest I could get was at the very end of the hallway that leads to my bedroom. My plan was to get into my bedroom quick enough to wear I could close the door and lock it on Lapis. Then I would barricade it with as many things that I could, obviously that didn't work out.

I found myself on the floor, inches away from my bedroom frame, so close yet so far. Trying to get up I struggled like their was a force holding me down, and then I realized that force was Lapis.
"Lapis let me go!" I yelped. I tried, tried so hard to get out of her grip but she made a way to coil her body around me and wrapped around me like a blanket, a cold, angry blanket. "I'm not letting go of you until you tell me what's wrong with you!" She said in a calmer, still mad tone. Her grip grew stronger. I noticed how soft her skin was, how warm she actually felt, she was actually a nice blanket, a blanket that had just come out of the dryer, filled with love and joy, except Lapis was filled with anger.

I felt myself melt into her iron grip and slipped away into darkness. I fell asleep in Lapis' arms, how charming of me.