Chapter 7:Cuddle

Peridots P.O.V

"Peridot you, you like me?" Lapis asked in a shocked tone. Well shit what did I just do, argh why did I say crush why why why, I could've just said best friend, mate, pal? You really out did yourself this time Peridot! If I would've just took those god damn pills none of this would even be happening right now! And now, the girl I'm in love with knows everything and she sitting right beside me-

I felt a tug around my waist and was pulled into hug from Lapis. Her grip around me was tight, it reminded me of when she tackled me to the ground and held her grip around me to keep me from escaping. I heard Lapis whisper into my ear "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry.." in a dry tone. I wondered what she was sorry for- if anyone should be saying sorry it should be me, nobody would want someone like me liking them, a nerd, a geek who looks like a freaking sixth grader!

"What-what are you sorry for?..." I whispered back waiting for an answer. I embraced the hug more feeling better about what had just spilled out of my mouth and buried my face into Lapis' chest. Being the weirdo I am I took a whiff of Lapis, it's not like I had the choice my face is literally touching her! I smelled the fresh scent of blueberries with a hint of vanilla. She smelled so good that I didn't want to remove myself from this hug. Not just because she smelled good but also because well, I don't know, it was nice to just kinda cuddle..

My cheeks grew hot, I felt like I was burning up in embarrassment. "I'm so sorry for forcing you to say this, like I pressured you to and was all up your ass about it, all day! Like what kind of friend am I?! Peridot the thing you said is really serious and I should of let you take your time instead of threatening you! Now I'm sure you never want to see me again, you probably think I'm gonna hurt you or something.."

I was silent, I hugged her tighter feeling like she was going to leave me. I didn't want her to leave me. "Lapis you did what you did because you were worried, I understand and I know you would never hurt me, I will always want to be with you-" shit what did I just say?! Fuck! Aw why did I say that why did I say that it wasn't necessary. Great, now she'll think I'm clingy and a creep or something. I buried my face deeper into her sweater, trying my best to hide my tomato red face. I must be sweating because my face feels like it's on fire, and I feel like I'm on a roller coaster that's keeps going down and won't stop.

Lapis grabbed my chin and pulled upwards so we were facing each other and I could see she was blushing too. Not as bad as me but there was a bit of pinkness there. "Don't be embarrassed!" She giggled, which only made me feel even more embarrassed. Nervous laughter came out of me hoping deep down inside me that she had some how forgotten what I just said a couple of minutes ago, a matter of fact, all of me was hoping she forgot the entire conversation! "Peridot you never did answer my question.."
Fuck.

She is killing me she is literally killing me and I don't know how much longer I can go before I jump out my window and move to Canada in hopes she'll never see how embarrassed I am. My heart inside me began to pound faster, I could hear it in my head each and every beat it made. My hands were uncomfortably sweaty and I noticed my legs wouldn't stop moving. "Ahem well I um...I do happen to....err...like you." I looked away immediately feeling a weight be taken off my chest, but the heaviness of my anxiety seemed to immediately replace it with something much stronger. Everything inside me began to panic, my breathing was faster, my heart beat was faster, my legs moved faster

And then Lapis cupped her hands around my face and pulled me from out of her shoulders to look me in the eye. "I like you too" she whispered before she pulled me closer and touched her lips onto mine.