Prologue

"What is wrong with you??" Bree screamed, fuming with anger. "You completely embarrassed me in front of Ethan, the guy I like! You are so embarrassing to be around!! Nerd this, techy that, ugh!! I hate you!"

Chase was taken aback by the words. He knew that Bree was just mad and upset but that didn't stop those words from going to heart, and it hurt.

"Bree, I-"

"Just shut up!" She snapped. "I hate you! Just leave me alone!"

Chase opened his mouth to say something but closed it, feeling overwhelmed. Bree was his sister, and they were really close. But now? Were they?

Adam and Leo were watching the whole thing, and they took the liberty to get involved and side with Bree.

"Yeah Chase." Leo piped in. "I agree with Bree. You really shouldn't've embarassed her."

"All I did was tell a few jokes!" Chase defended.

"Yeah, nerdy jokes." Adam said. "Why can't you just shut up about your nerdy and techy stuff and just be a normal brother for once! I'm embarrassed by you."

Leo nodded. "Yeah. Me too."

Chase's face was a mixture of hurt, sadness, anger but most of all depression. He trusted his family more than anyone, but now they just blurted out how they all felt about him, and that was being an embarassment.

"You-you don't really feel this way, do you?" Chase asked in disbelief, trying to shake his doubts out of his head.

"Didn't we make ourselves clear?" Bree yelled, her rage still seeping through. "Just-just go away!"

Chase began to feel his heart shatter. These words were far more than words. They were reality, and they were chipping away at Chase's self-esteem, until it was no more.

He didn't even bother to make a witty comeback or a remark, or even a reply. All he did was storm out of the lab, feeling awful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bree felt herself calm down to the point where she fully comprehended everything she said and everything Adam and Leo said, and a massive wave of guilt crashed onto her.

"I-I-I don't know what to say." Bree whispered, feeling her heartbeat in her ears. "I feel... horrible."

Adam and Leo nodded, staring into space like Bree, their expressions unreadable. Why were they so mean? Just because of a little embarrassment? This went past the line of okay.

"We-we should go apologize." Bree suggested, turning to leave.

"No." Adam said, holding his hand out to stop her. "We should probably wait. He might want to be alone right now, and we should just give him some time."

Bree nodded shakily, tearing up. She didn't mean anything she said. She loved Chase so much, he was her little brother! And he did not deserve to be yelled at like that.

She just took a deep breath. "I'm going to sleep."

"But it's only five." Leo contridicted, pointing to his watch.

Bree pushed past him gently and approached her capsule, opening it. "I don't care. I need to think." She stepped in and closed it, along with her eyes.

I am so sorry Chase. Were her last thoughts before falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chase walked out the door and continued walking, anywhere besides his house. And anyways even if he did get lost, his GPS would get him home in an instant.

Chase shoved his hands in his pocket as he walked, furrowing his eyebrows in frusteration and concentration. Was he really that much of an embarrassment? Did everyone feel that way? Was that why no one liked him?

Questions were distracting Chase, causing his attention to be only on his thoughts. He hated how badly he felt, and tried to reassure himself, but by now his self esteem had plummeted, leaving him a broken shell.

His feet were beginning to get sore so he looked around, deciding to rest in an alleyway. It was still quite bright outside, and the sun was setting.

He sat down at the end of the alleyway and clicked his feet together, trying to build himself back up.

Have they always felt this way? Who else feels this way? Do they love him at all? Is he... is he even apart of the family anymore?

A tear slid down Chase's cheek but he quickly wiped it, trying not to break down what was left of him. His family were so close to him, he would never risk their lives, or even attempt to hurt them on purpose. Now that they turned their backs on him. Chase felt alone, and scared. Where would he go? He couldn't go back home.

His thoughts stopped as he realized how late it was. The sun went down and the sky was turning a black-navy blue, and it was dark.

Chase pulled himself off the ground and sighed, as he kept walking. His feet were still sore but he couldn't worry about that.

Chase felt something in his pocket and when he took it out he stopped. It was the chip extracter. He knew Mr. Davenport or Tasha would end up looking for him, but he still hesitated.

He finally took a deep breath and pressed the machine to his neck, feeling a pinch as he took the machine back in front of him, sighing as he held his chip, glistening in the moonlight.

He shoved the extracter back in his pocket but kept staring at the chip, feeling a knot weave itself in his stomach. Should he throw it away? Sell it? Put it back in?

Chase knew what he had to do, but he wasn't quick enough to do it. He reached for the chip extracter but a hand slapped his, causing him to drop his chip, alarmed.

He turned around and backed up a bit when he saw a tall man, wearing all black clothes and standing next to a jet black van.

"Get in." He barked. Chase tried to look for his chip but his eyes widened when the man held it up, smirking under his hood.

Chase bolted, feeling his legs screaming at him as he rounded a corner, not daring to look behind him. His pulse quickened but it nearly stopped when he heard the sound of a car speeding up towards him, the lights on and shining, causing Chase to stumble as he regained his sight.

He slowed down but instantly regretted it. The same man ran up to him and grabbed his arm, yanking him back. He held both his hands together in a firm grip and Chase tried to kick him away, failing.

"HELP!" Chase screamed, desperate for anything. "HE-" he felt something wet hit his mouth and his vision began to blur.

He felt himself being thrown into a van before the door shut and he was out like a light.