Part 15

Andrea;

Prom night...

It could've been the best night of my life, if only I wasn't still getting over a so called 'breakup.'

Leo and I still hadn't talked and it hurts me to know that he didn't even feel bad about cheating on me.

Although, maybe it's for the best, though, I don't think our friendship will ever be the same.

I checked the clock. 8:00.

It was time for me to start heading out, so I walked down the stairs that led into the living room.

My mom and dad stood proudly, but another familiar face made me turn around and go back up the stairs.

How dare he walk back in here!

I slam the door closed and lock it.

Immediately after, I hear footsteps and Leo comes knocking on my door.

"Andrea... Please come out. Let me talk to you..."

No answer.

"You look beautiful tonight, and I'd really like to take you to the prom, since it's been my dream since we met. I made a mistake, and you know that, I know that, and all I need is for you to forgive me. I can't live with myself knowing I hurt you An... Please..." He said weakly.

It took all I had not to open the door and cry into his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Leo..." I cried.

"No, honey don't cry... You shouldn't be sorry at all."

"I'm sorry that I can't give you what you want in a relationship, and that you had to go with another girl to get..." I cried, waterproof makeup was saving my life.

"No Andrea, don't do this, please." I could tell he was crying.

"And I'm sorry that I obviously, I'm obviously not enough for you and I will, um, try hard to acknowledge that and move on."

"Andrea, please just let me in!" I could sense his tears falling so I gently open the door, just a crack so I could see his beautiful face.

He looked so handsome my heart almost melted. Even with his tear stained eyes he looked amazing.

"Andrea, please open the door, more."

"I can't," I sniffed and let more tears fall. "If I do I'll just let you back in, and you'll break my heart again."

I began to shut the door but he used his muscles to push it open. He stepped into the room.

"An I made a mistake. Please, I'm only human. I'm so sorry I hurt you and that I was to dumb to see that your all I need. Please don't leave me, please."

I really really wanted to say no, but I really really wanted to say yes.

"Can we um, can we try the friends thing again? And see where we go?"

Tears filled his eyes.

"Andrea please, please don't do this to me. Please, I need you. Andrea please!"

I turned around and walked into the bathroom and sat on the floor. I heard him do the same on the other side of the door.

All I heard was him crying and crying and yelling at himself, asking why he was such an idiot.

After a while I decided to leave the bathroom. Prom was already starting.

He was still there, about to walk out until he heard the door open.

"I'll go to prom with you, but only as friends."

He smiled lightly but his eyes said differently.

I fixed up my face and changed into my dress and shoes (pic) and walked down the stairs. Leo teared up at the sight of me.

My parents smiled at each other and I took Leo's hand. He flinched, but gladly held.

We climbed into Leo's car and drove off.

"I love you so much, Andrea. And I understand, even though I wish I didn't, your decision. But I hope you know that nothing can stop me from loving you. I will love you forever. I have loved you, since we met."

The rest of the ride was quiet.