Chapter 17

Bella POV

"Three, two, one, jump!"  I say to Cody.  I push off my feet and I let my body fall down the seven story building.  I watch as Derek's car, which is being driven by Scott, floats below my feet.  I let out a deep breath to use my magic to stop the impact.  I land in a crouch position on the hood of the black Camaro and I immediately cloak myself so that the hunters don't see.  I feel Cody drop down next to me, but he cloaked also.  I hold onto the car as Scott picks up the speed.  I begin crawling around to the side of the vehicle then I open the door and I flip myself around and into the back seat.  I uncloak myself and look over at Cody sitting next to me and doing the same. 

"Not bad Cody."  I compliment him and he gives me a thankful smile.  "Where's Derek now?"  I ask Scott an Stiles who are in the front seat. 

"First of all, wow!  You just jumped off a building!"  Stiles fan girls. "And Derek's in the iron works, but he's surrounded by cops." 

"And where are we?"  I ask them. 

"Pulling into the iron works."  Scott says as he hits the gas a little more and we speed into a dark alley.  Derek's black Camaro blend  in with the night but not enough that we can't be seen.  We begin getting shot at and I wince as the bullets bounce off the car's metal.  Derek runs forward and opens the door then he slides into the backseat next to me. 

"What part of laying low don't you understand?"  Scott asks angrily. 

"Dammit I had him."  Derek lets out. 

"Who the alpha?"  Stiles buds in. 

"Yes he was right in front of me when the freaking police showed up."  Derek says in a frustrated tone.  I reach my hand over and latch onto Derek's hand with my own to calm him down.  Derek squeezes my hand as if for reassurance then holds onto it softly. 

"You know they're just doing their job."  Stiles says, before Derek shoots him a deadly glare.  "Alright! how did you find him."  Stiles tries again.  Derek stays silent. 

"Can you at least try and trust us for half a second?"  Scott asks. 

"Yeah all of us, not just Scott or Bella.  Which I still don't even understand why you trust Bella.  Not that Bella isn't trust worthy it's just that you two with your personalities would probably hate each other.  And you seem to trust Cody a lot more than you trust-" 

"Can someone shut him up?"  Derek asks, Stiles squirms back into his seat, "Look the last time I talked to my sister she had found two things.  The first was a guy named Harris." 

"Our chemistry teacher?"  Stiles buds in again. 

"Why him?"  Cody asks, good for you Cody.  Getting all into the gang with your questions and all.   

"I don't know yet."  Derek answers. 

"What was the second?"  I ask. 

"Some kind of symbol."  Derek says as he pulls out a piece of paper with a sketch on it.  Scott lets out a frustrated sigh.  "What you know what this is?" 

"I've seen it, on a necklace.  Allison's necklace."  Scott says.  Oh this isn't going to be good.  After Scott and Alison's break up the night of the school attack, Scott hasn't been able to talk with her. 

Cody POV 

Scott, Stiles and I walk through the main doors of the school.  After around three days of being here I have started to realize that what Emma was saying about the cliques and all is completely true.  It's bullshit really and I'm starting to hate high school.  As the attractive person I am, as I've been told many times.  I am meant to hang out with Jackson and Lydia and play lacrosse and exclude others.  But in all fairness, I don't want to play lacrosse and I really don't like Jackson or Lydia, they're dip wads and I hate it. 

"Cody you with us?"  Stiles voice pulls me from my thoughts. 

"Yeah, totally."  I reply as we walk down the hall. 

"This is going to be impossible guys."  Scott whines. 

"Just ask her if you can borrow it."  Stiles in puts. 

"How?"  Scott asks. 

"It's easy just say, hey Allison can I borrow your necklace?"  Stiles explains.  "Like is there anything on it, or in it, that can lead you back to an alpha werewolf that we can kill-" 

"You're not helping."  Scott cuts him off. 

"Look why don't you just talk to her."  Stiles suggests. 

"She wont talk to me."  Scott says. 

"What if you get someone else to do it?"  I imply. 

"Like who?"  Scott asks. 

"I have an idea, just don't do anything reckless and insane."  I warn. 

"Have you even met us?"  Stiles says sarcastically before I walk away from them and down the hall to my first period class. 

         I walk into the classroom and immediately look around for Emma.  I spot her curly brown hair furrowed into her face as her head is down in her book.  I spot a seat to the left of her and I rush over to it.  I plop myself down in the chair and I scoot the desk closer to her.  She looks up from her book and gives me a questioning look. 

"Do you take favors?"  I ask her with a sharp smile. 

"Uh, yeah I guess.  It depends on what you need me to do."  Emma says hesitantly. 

"Well, Allison Argent.  Do you know her?"  I ask. 

"Yeah, I have the same art class with her."  Emma responds. 

"You wouldn't mind, asking for her necklace then bringing it back to me would you?"  I muster out. 

"You want me to steal her necklace."  Emma says a little too loudly and the students begin to turn and look. 

"OK, not steal.  Just borrow."  I try to calm her down. 

"Why?"  Emma asks, I give her a hesitant look. 

"My buddy, gave it to her.  But now they're on the rocks and he wants to casually get it back without making her upset."  I lie. 

"I'll do it, but only if I get a favor from you when I want it."   Emma says. 

"Yes of course-" 

"Mr. Everan and Ms. Patrice, my class has begun.  Silence yourselves."  Our teacher says and I fit my self back into my desk.  I quickly pull out my phone and I send a quick text to Scott. 

-I'm getting the necklace, I'll have it by the end of the day.