Chapter 28

Recap: Their noses now side by side, their only part that wasn't touching was their lips. He gently touches her lips with his, just by a millimetre, as if testing it out. Brianna was getting fed up by his teasing actions, she was just about to tilt her chin up and fully connect them when Grayson's phone began to ring and ruined the moment.

_______________

Brianna's POV
The shrill ringing of his phone made a wave of disappointment rush to me. But Grayson stayed frozen on top of me as he continues to stare into my eyes, as if he seemed to be very concentrated on something.
"You gonna get that?" I whispered.
He sighs deeply,
"Yeah." Then he removes one hand from my skin to reach over for his phone not far away.
"Yes?" He answers. Someone speaks on the other side, color drained from his face as he slowly rolled off me and sat up.

I stayed down and kept my eyes on him, it must be something important because not soon later he pressed his lips into a straight line like he usually does when he's frustrated.
"What's his current condition?" Grayson nods before ending the call.
"I gotta get going." He says as he bends down to pick up his belongings in a hurry.
"My father just suffered from a heart attack, he's currently in the hospital."
"oh my god," I was shocked at how sudden this seemed to be.
"Cam and Ethan will go with you?"
"Mhmm. But you don't have to cut your vacation short, you stay." I stood anyways,
"No of course not, Sean means a lot to me."
"Alright, we'll have to get going as soon as possible." He sounded tense, a complete opposite of just a few minutes ago.

Before I could comprehend, we were rushing through the hospital doors like a herd of animals.
"Sean Dolan please." The nurse tapped a few times on her keyboard before leading us down a tight corridor labeled 
'Emergency'

The first thing I saw when I entered the room was Lisa in a conversation with a man in a fancy grey suit with a brief case by his side, they tried to discuss things quietly next to the bed with an unconscious Sean lying on it. He was sickly pale and his breaths looked shallow. Cameron was the first one to move and dash over to the side of his father, Grayson and Ethan following in his steps. The oddly intimate moment made me stand like a stick next to the door, I couldn't help but feel like I was intruding on their family's privacy.

The sound of someone's footsteps behind me caught everyone's attention.
"I'm assuming this is the Dolan family?" the man in a white coat with glasses says.
"Yes sir." Grayson replies.
"What happened to my father?" Ethan asked. The doctor looked down at his clipboard and cleared his throat,
"It appears this is a case of Angina. It is where a sensation of pressure and squeezing at the chest causes chest pains, due to reduced blood flow to the heart muscle." Lisa sighed heavily as she rubbed Cameron's back.
"We'll be running a few more specific tests tomorrow to determine if we need to run an operation. But all he needs right now is rest, I'm afraid Mr.Dolan will need to stay at the hospital for a while."
"Thank you doctor." Lisa says quietly.
"We appreciate your help."

Everything was quiet for a few moments, then the business man Lisa had been talking to before the doctor came in broke the silence,
"Well Lisa, I see you have a lot on your plate right now. I'll let you have some time to consider my offer." he nodded once more before leaving the room.
"Who was that?" Grayson's voice was low. Lisa shook her head tiredly,
"Just one of the board members of your father's company." Grayson looked as if he wanted to ask more but Lisa cut him off,
"Bri dear," she watched me with embarrassed eyes.
"I never wanted it to come to this, but with Sean's poor condition I want to stay here at the hospital. Would you do me a huge favor? I need someone to stay with Cameron in the house, have someone around to help Grayson and Ethan, I'll owe you after this."
"Oh uh," my eyes darted over to Grayson, but his face was neutral. "Thats fine, I won't even hesitate to help out." She smiled softly at me, "Thank you so much, you're wonderful." I chuckled a little before giving her a hug,
"Take care alright?" The brothers said their goodnights after me and we headed back home together.