Chapter 5

Brianna's POV

3 weeks later:
It was homeroom, I was still talking to Lele and Amanda about going to the amusement park this weekend when the a tall muscular figure stood in the doorway of our classroom. His chest was heaving up and down, eyes blazing, and most terrifying of all was that he was pointing right at me.
"Harvey! Come here, NOW!" Grayson stormed off without a second glance, his strides long and quick. I wonder what was his problem, so I stalked after him in a huff.

His pace was incredibly fast, what got him worked up must be pretty bad. There was this feeling at the bottom of my stomach where I felt that I'm the reason of this situation. As we neared the front of the school and close to the reception area, I can see a group of students crowding around the bulletin board. Ah, I could still remember the sweet memory of what I had accomplished a few weeks ago. But now, instead of the piece of paper of the top 50's, there was a poster hanging in the middle of it.

Trio in love...sleeping under each others warm embrace. Grayson Dolan, Ethan Dolan and Brianna Harvey

Under the sentence was a horribly drawn picture of what seems to be Grayson, Ethan and I sleeping together. And why was their names bold but not mine?
"What the hell? Who did this!" I yelled mortified. People were giggling and making up rumours as they stared at the poster and back at us.
"I was just going to ask you." Grayson said with his jaw clenched.
But then I realized something, oh shoot, I told them to keep this a secret!

Flashback

"Hey, something fell out of your bag." Lele pointed out as I had taken my bag to pack my books up. We were at her house "studying" for our science class. She flipped the picture over, then she and along with the others let out a yelp of horror.
"W-what is this! Bri, you have some explaining to do!" Nate demanded.
I looked over their shoulder to see the picture Lisa had taken of Grayson and I soundly asleep together. Uh-oh.
"E-er, I-This-s, IhavebeenstayingwithGraysonDolan'sfamilywhilewe'refindinganewhouse." I blurted out in one breath.

I covered my eyes with my hands, afraid to face the wrath of my friends.
"Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! You, are staying with the most popular guy in our school, for who knows how long! Tell me alllll about him."Amanda exclaimed.
"So that's why you were so good at the test this time. You had help from the best!" Lele mused.
"He really must be a genius to be able to get Bri into the top 50's"
"Geez, I feel so loved." I replied dully.
"You guys seem so close in the photo though. Its like staying in the same house with him has changed his thoughts about you" Amanda thought aloud.
"Thats BS Amanda." Nate fumed. And for once I agreed with him.
"He ignores me completely at home." I say in my defence.
"He hates me. I won't fall for a cold hearted guy like him again."

But is he really cold hearted?

'Do you want a ride or not? I'm offering.'

'Good luck Bri!'

'The surprise is you, you did pretty well, impressive.'

Did he mean any of that when he said it? I have no clue anymore.

"Wait, but you guys have to promise not to tell anybody about this, absolutely no one!" I told them sternly.
"Yes ma'am" they had replied simultaneously with a mischievous grin settling on their faces.

End of Flashback

Damn it you guys! But my thoughts were interrupted when Grayson stomped up to the board and teared the poster off the surface.
"I've had enough of this shit!" he glared at me. He began to rip the poster into as many pieces as he could.
"You might enjoy this, but I don't. This is a waste of my time and I have had enough of you ruining my life!" he voice grew louder by each word.
"Quit messing up my life and stay out of it!" he seethed before he threw the small pieces of paper at me and stormed away. The tiny white pieces began to slowly float down the air.

My eyes were wide and I had to stop myself from whimpering, I didn't know I bothered him this much. I watched his figure leave me behind by each second. I took a deep breath and tried to get away from everyone's stares, I headed for the double doors of the school and headed into the courtyard.

Now that he puts it this way... I just had to hear it the ugliest way till I can wake up huh. I know he hates me, and I know that he isn't the prince charming I always imagine him to be. But why do I... I took a deep breath. Even when he rejected me it didn't hurt this bad, my heart was stinging like he just poisoned it. I didn't cry that day, but right now, I just can't help it. I don't want to but the painful truth always sets in, I'm still in love with him and I can't change that. I'm ruining his perfect life and I just have to face the fact that I, Brianna Harvey, doesn't fit in his life.

That night, I took out the note I was going to give him that day. The letter with all my feelings for him written in, I had just wanted him to know who I was and what I felt. Well, I guess he knows now, and look where that left me. I took it with me onto my queen sized bed, slowly laying down and curling myself into a ball. I could feel the pressure weighing down on my chest, like it wanted to burst the bubble inside. My eyes slowly became warmer and a layer of water formed over them, barely spilling over.

This was the first time I ever fell for someone this hard, usually it was nothing but a little crush who I could get over after a bit of ice cream. Now, not only did he reject me, he also hates me. And to add onto it, I actually had to fall for someone with a heart like his, black, empty, and cold. What is wrong with me? He is so close, I could almost feel him. This is a chance many girls would die to have, but I had to be me and screw it up. And it breaks my heart, knowing I let this chance slip right pass my fingertips. I closed my eyes and let a tear run down my cheek, spilling only a fraction of the pain I am feeling. And soon I drifted off, note still by my hand and curled up in a ball.

Grayson's POV
I knocked lightly on Brianna's door, shifting the weight on my foot every once in a while. I don't know how to face her, knowing how much embarrassment I had put her through today. While I was yelling at her, I could feel every single person there burning holes in her, she didn't give them a single glance. All she did was stare at me with this guilty sad look, as my voice was growing louder I could see her breath hitch and her breathing became faster. I don't know if it was because I scared her or because she wanted to cry, either way it was my fault. But I didn't care, I was blinded by my anger to take anything seriously. I never had to deal with this kind of drama before she came along, people might see it as if I didn't want her around because she was too much of a loser for someone like me to deal with. Thats a little true but not what I was thinking at that moment.

After a minute with no reply I decided to open the door, maybe she was listening to music or something.
"Hey, the bathroom is free, you can shower now." I said with my own towel still draped on my shoulders, hair still damp. Again, I got no reply. Oh, she was lying on her bed half curled up, hair sprawled out, like she was trying to comfort herself.

Next to her looked like a note, it seems familiar. When I got closer, I realize it was the note she was going to give me the day she confessed her crush on me. I never read it, hell, I didn't even look at her for 2 seconds. I sat down on the edge of her bed and turned on the lamp on her bedside table. It wasn't till then that I saw a single trail of a dried tear running down her cheek. She was crying? I can't stand it when girls cry. Slowly, I brushed a piece of hair out of her face and tucked it behind her ear. But then quickly, stopped touching her. Once I unfolded the note, I began read what was suppose to be for me.

Dear Grayson,
          I'm Brianna Harvey, I know you don't know who I am but trust me, I know who you are. No one has really captured my eyes like you did, that day on the opening ceremony back in 9th grade. Yes, so I had feelings for you for 3 whole years, its pathetic. I'm not perfect, not even close to. I don't have the sexy charm, I don't have the perfect grades, I don't have the best socializing skill, and I can think of a whole lot more. But after this, I hope you can remember who I am, because I will always remember you Grayson Dolan.

Your secret admirer,
Brianna Harvey (F)

Folding the note back up and placing it in her hands again, I stared at her for a few minutes, contemplating about what I should do.