Chapter One

~Part Heart - Kate Nash~

I stared at my phone screen. The blank screen didn't light up like it normally did every morning. A good morning text I would not receive today or, to be precise, any day after.

A sigh escaped past my lips as I rolled out of my bed. I stumbled to my bathroom, sleep still weighing down on my head. Rubbing my eyes, I proceeded to turn on the shower.

I lifted my fingers and let them feel the water, from cold to hot it started to make the entire bathroom fill with steam, the way I liked it. Music played softly from my phone and I entered the shower.

I closed my eyes, the pouring water and darkness surrounding me. Today. Today would be the day I would tell him. I wouldn't hesitate this time, no I wouldn't. Remembering Thea's wise words I smiled.

Thea gripped my arm sternly, "Delaney, tomorrow you tell him. You are a strong woman! You show him what he lost and if you want, I'll kick him where the sun don't shine." She smiled innocently and I laughed. I hadn't laughed in a while.

Although I was scared to talk to him, I no longer feel for him like I once did. Taking a deep breath in I got out of the shower and started to get ready for school.

***

At school by 8:50 a.m, ten minutes before my first class, Thea greeted me with a hug, she always did. I gathered my books from my locker and started down the hallway, listening to Thea tell me a dramatic and crazy story about her weekend.

"Oh," I smirked. "You met a boy huh?"

She rolled her eyes, barely able to hide her blush. "He's a total jerk though. Bad attitude but amazing body if you know what I mean," she winked and we both laughed.

Thea wore her gold-brown hair in a French braid and it looked amazing. Her green eyes had flecks of gold in them and they always lit up when she spoke passionately about something.

"What's this mysterious boy's name?" I asked but before she could answer the bell sounded. Thea waved goodbye, her class being history and mine across the hall being art.

Although I was worried about Thea, considering every boy she was around broke her heart, she was stronger than ever and I knew she could handle it herself.

Art was probably my favourite class. My other close friend, Orianna, was an actual artist. From painting to sketching her work was amazing. I plopped down in the seat beside her and she flashed a warm smile at me.

"Hey Ori," I said and smiled back.

Orianna had a neutral look that made people scurry out of her way. Her grey eyes were piercing, sharp cheekbones and plump lips that always were painted a red. Her dirty blonde hair was tied into a braid, trailing down to her hips, she had long hair unlike me, having hair that only fell to the middle of my back. She was 5'5, an average height. She normally wore black or grey and sometimes a dark blue or red. Today she was dressed in a tight grey long-sleeved shirt with black skinny jeans. It made her form look amazing and she looked hot. However, Orianna may seem really scary on the outside, she was a lot sweeter once you knew her.

I leaned over to her, the familiar scent of coconut hit me. Her signature smell. I smirked as she narrowed her eyes at the boy across the room. "James has been looking at you. More than usual today," I stifled my laugh when she shot me a glare.

James was apart of the football team and a complete player. He went through girls like I breathed and exhaled air. He had girls clinging to him all the time. I had to admit, he was very attractive but he was the type of boy every smart girl avoided.