His & Hers

Prologue

1. A female werewolf shall always submit to their male mate.

2. A female werewolf must dress modestly, for skin is to be saved for her mate.

3. A female werewolf shall never disrespect a high male werewolf.

Those were the rules in the Pure River pack, set by the first Alpha; Charles A. Reckon, after his wife had mistakenly wore only a nightgown in front of other male werewolves.

My mother, Jane Pagan, was a huge follower of these rules. I never wore anything that showed skin which meant my closet consisted of long-sleeves, long skirts, sweaters, jeans, and boots. Even my ankles showing set off my mother's radar, and I'd never get out the house in a short skirt.

My father, James Pagan, was one of the former Peacekeepers and also supported the rules. Unlike my mother, he was a less serious guy and could make the stupidest jokes just to lighten the mood. It was one of the many reasons he was chosen to be a Peacekeeper.

I, Maura Pagan, was an unmated 17 year old female werewolf who had no way out of the rules. I thought I'd never meet my mate until of course, the day came.

That day was today when I found out my mate was Blake Reckon, great-great-great-great grandson of thee Charles A. Reckon. He was a blooded Alpha, and was also the present Alpha. 

Blake was 19, finished college early in order to take over the pack when he was 18. He was good-looking and nice, but serious about his rules. He would talk about making sure his mate was nothing less than perfect, so imagine when I found out I was his.

You're probably thinking how I didn't know he was my mate earlier, considering he was Alpha. You see, whenever he would come over, my mother told me to never look an Alpha in the eyes unless told otherwise.

I did just that until today. I was told to open the door, but I had no idea that'd I'd be answering the Alpha. So I made the mistake of looking into his green eyes.

"Mine."

I was now his, and he was now mine.