one.

This story comes with a trigger warning. It will touch on sensitive issues such as mental health and depression. Please do not continue if these are triggering subjects for you.
~~

'Josh?'
He whispered my name, obviously worried to wake me from a slumber that I'd never entered. I stayed still for a second, before turning to face him stood in the doorway.
'Simon?'
'I think Jide is crying.'
'What?'
'I can... I can hear crying. It's weird, I don't know what to do.'
'Hang on.'
I pushed myself out of bed, dragging the covers away. It was cold in my room, and I shivered.
'Jesus, Josh, trigger warning!' Simon exclaimed, his voice still at a hush.
I frowned, turning to see Simon stood with his hands covering his eyes. I looked down, and felt myself blush as I realised I was wearing nothing but a pair of short boxers.
'Sorry' I tried to whisper, but it came out as more of a grumble. I looked over at my phone after throwing on yesterday's clothes, to see it was 5:41 am. I'd been asleep for about half an hour, which explained why it was so hard to blink the sleep out of my eyes.
I rubbed my neck with the heel of my palm as I followed Simon out to JJ's room.
I listened intently, crouched down beside my best friend. Our hands were so close that I could feel the heat from his fingers on mine. If I moved only a centimetre or two to the right, our hands would be touchi-
I shook my head slightly, frowning when I realised I was no longer listening to JJ. I tried to clear the thoughts of Simon out of my head and concentrate instead on the sounds coming from inside the room.
'Can you hear it?'
I nodded. JJ was crying softly, trying, but failing, to be discreet.
'We should go in.'
Simon nodded in a distracted haze. We stayed still for a minute longer, which felt like an hour, before I stood up.
I grasped the cold handle of his door, and slowly swung it open.

~~