Please, Keith

"Kill me!"

   "No!"

   "Do it, Keith!"

   "Stop, Shiro! We can help you! We could remove the arm-"

   "Don't you understand? It isn't the arm. It was never the arm. It was me. All of it."

   "It wasn't you! None of it was you! The Galra-"

   "Were controlling me, Keith. They don't control my arm. They control my mind, and I'm too weak to stop them-"

   "No. You're not weak. You are the strongest person I know. You escaped the Galra."

   Shiro scoffed, "I had to escape. I knew that if I didn't, they would make me kill Matt too."

   Keith's eyes widened, "You don't mean..."

   "I killed Sam. They made me choose who to kill, but I wouldn't kill Sam. I couldn't, and the Galra knew. They...they took control and made me kill him. And I was too weak to stop them." Shiro was close to tears.

   "Shiro..." Keith's voice was soft, as he stared at Shiro.

   "I can feel them, in the back of my mind. They're waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. I won't be able to stop them. You have to kill me, Keith. Before I hurt one of you. It's the only way. If you don't do it, then I will." Tears were streaming down his face.

   "I can't..." Both of them were crying.

   "Please, Keith. It's the only way."

   Keith activated his bayard. "I love you."

   "I love you, too." Shiro kissed him gently, then backed away and closed his eyes.

   Keith swung the sword.

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N  This was inspired by page 250 of The Death Cure, but a Voltron Legendary Defender version. With some Sheith thrown in.

I am writing a season 2 fanfic for Voltron and this will be included with an alternate ending. It will be up before season 2 airs and definitely won't be finished by then. It's gonna be sad, angst will be everywhere so be prepared.