The Red Gown

Rose P.O.V

After Elena was finished in the tub and I had my shower, We walked out into Elena's room and the first thing I saw was a red gown spread out on the bed. I smiled at it and walked over, the dress was soft to the touch and had white lace on the shoulders and around the back.

"Whose that from?" Elena asked looking at the dress

"Alex" I breathed picking up the dress, it was beautiful, it had a heart shaped chest piece and the red material stretched crossed over the chest and connected with the rest of the wavy dress.

"Put it on, put it on!" Elena grinned jumping up on the bed.

I changed into it and it fit like a glove.

"You look so different" Elena muttered, "You look beautiful" she grinned

"Thanks" I smiled, "Now time for you to get dressed!" I reached over to Elena and pulled her off the bed. She laughed and wriggled out of my grip then ran over the the closet.

Elena chose a white dress and white slip on shoes. I helped her change and she looked like a princess. The dress was shorter at the front so her legs could be seen but longer at the back. It was sleeveless but had a small rose neck tie that tied around her neck and the excess stands hung down her back. Around her waist was a white perl belt and white lace mesh rose up from under it connecting to her small white rose neck tie.

"Don't you two look gorgeous!" I heard Alex from the door.

Elena ran over and Alex picked her up, "Thank you" she grinned

Alex smirked over at me and I walked over, "Your cute" I kissed Alex's cheek. "And thanks"

I could hear people talking down stairs, mostly about Elena and the wolves. Alex put Elena down and she walked in front of Alex and I.
We paced down the hall to the stairs and once the people saw us they were wide eyed and silent.
I looked up at Alex who smiled down at me then Elena.
We melted into the crowd and talked to literally everyone, because everyone wanted to meet Elena. She loved the attention and couldn't stop smiling.

We were told that we should get a portrait painting done of our family to make our mark in the history of vampires. Which we agreed on.
Once everyone was inside Alex quietened them down and all eyes were on him.

"Thank you all so much for joining us on a short notice, I know most of you already know why we're here. But if you don't, my wife, your queen has returned to us with our first child, Elena" Alex spoke looking around the room then at Elena.

The crowd was cheering and clapping and it felt good to be home again.
We all enjoyed out meals and drinks then Catalina made me sing. I don't remember the name of the song but it was a song that mum used to sing to me before I went to bed. After everyone seemed even more happy and at peace.
I miss everything about this place, all that time out in the forest I forgot about the people, the vampires.
I smiled down at Elena as she sat grinning at Alex and I.
This feels like the end of our story but things are now only truly starting.