chapter 3

his eyes were saucers and his mouth was wide open. jeez has he never seen a girl fight before. i scoffed which was really unlady like but in all honesty i didn't care.

"how the hell did you learn how to fight like that?" he asked but i didn't reply instead i looked around to see if there was an escape route and sure enough there was one. right above my head. i could see the string dangling which i could easily reach. so i decided to reach for it. my one tiket to freedon.

everything happened so slowly, bullets flew by me from left to right which i easily dodged. me pulling the string caused everyone to come at me but i was quick enough to jump up and out of the window.  i looked down smirking only to meet my fuming abuser. i ran well technically limped but i was going at a good speed. i peered over the edge of the roof and it was a long way down but i had to make it. i crawled over the edge and jumped. swiftly enough i landed on my feet, now all i had to do was leave the perimeter. i creeped around and i stopped as soon i saw big golden gates. this is my chance, my one ticket to freedom.  i was halfway there  until i heard the screams of stops and don't go, but i didn't stop. i kept going.

the gates opened and i never stopped running. i don't know where i am or how many hours it has been since i ran away but at least i was safe. i was in some town that was so unfamiliar but as i crossed streets and passed but shops i stopped to realize, i have no home, no family, no friends.  my stomach grumbled which caused me to snap out of my thoughts. i have no money so i guess it's time to fight.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------after searching this town for hours i found a pub that had a fighting ring. i signed my name as KING. this is what i had been called before so why not put this name to great usage. my fight was in 5 minutes, sure my wrist was probably broken but i snapped it back in place yes it hurt but i could handle the pain. i had no gloves  or boxing tape so i just used my bare knuckles.

                                                                                   *ding ding*                                                                                                        i made my way to the right corner of the ring with my hood up so it doesn't show my face .

"in one corner we have our ultimate champion bone crusher." my opponent raises his hands in the air while i read his personality.

he seems to be at least 23 years old. height: 6"1'. sprained wrist. punches with his left hand and kicks with his right. i know for sure this will be easy.

"and in the right corner we have a newbie. KING." i fist one hand in the air so they know i'm ready. ready to fight. ready to win.

my opponent and i walk in the middle and hit our fist together as the ref tells us the rules. the bell dings again signaling to start. we walk in circles before he pulls the first move. just what i wanted. i stop his fist in midair and twist, as i twisted i turn around and flip him over my shoulder. i straddle his waist and repeatingly punch him.he turns us around and he is now straddling me punching me everywhere he can but i block a few of them. he hits my rib and i hear a crack. shit. he broke my rib. i thought quickly and kneed him in the back he groaned which distracted him. perfect. i flipped him and i rolled and jumped up standing. i kicked and kicked him until his eyes rolled back. huh that was easy. the bell dinged just in time and the voicer announced me the winner. a few men dragged my opponent out of the ring and i left grabbing my cash.

i had 300 dollars.  so i went to the mall to grab clothes and shoes, once i had a new set of clothes to change in and some black high top converse, i thew out my old ones and jogged to the closest fast food that was still opened. i sat and ate my food but once i was done i only had $78 dollars left and that couldn't even get me a cheap motel room for a night. i guess i have to sleep near the garbage cans tonight.

my rib was hurting so much so with my extra money i went to the drug store to but a wrap and some meds. after grabbing some advil i took two pills swallowing them dry and wrapped the bandage around my ribs. damn this is going to hurt like hell once i wake up tomorrow. i sat near a garbage can that was in a old dirty alley and thought about all of the things that had happened to me in the past week.

i was found underneath a mans bed, sent to the hospital, beaten, stitched back up, fought at least 36 men, escaped, fought, broke a rib, and now i am sleeping near a dumpster. what an eventful week i have had.

one i had actually fallen asleep i was woken up by a nightmare which consisted of two people and a little version of me.

                                                                                          *dream*

"mommy, mommy" i tugged on my mothers dress as she poured the cake batter into the pan and put it into the oven . my mom bends down to my level "yes sweety?" "when does daddy come home?" just on que my dad opens the door with a wide smile and his arms opened. "daddy!" i squealed as i jumped into his arms he twirled us around and mommy made her way over to us. "hi honey how was work?" she gives him a kiss as i make a ew sound and snuggle into daddy's chest even more.

"great, now how's my little Aubrey?" he put me down and squatted down "good today mommy and i had a blast we played dolls, tag, we even watched t.v. and disney movies!" "that's great princess" " daddy gave me a warm smile and strolled over to mommy. "hey honey hows the baby?" "great she even kicked for the first time!" i smiled at the thought of being a big sister. as i was also making my way over the door bursted open.

"everyone get down!" mommy and daddy held a horrified expression. daddy tried to run over to me but the men told him no. someone grabbed me holding me from behind, i silently cried wishing everything was back to normal. i wanted to be in daddy's arms. i want my moms kisses and hugs but none of that was possible because the first gun shot echoed through the house and it hit mommy right in the heart daddy tried to catch her but he was shot several times. they both hit the floor and the men let go of me. i took a quick glance at my parents killer but i couldn't see anything. they hid their faces, but i noticed one thing this man had a tattoo on his wrist, an symbol.

they left as i screamed for  my mommy and daddy. i wished they were joking but they weren't, this was reality. i sat in between mommy and daddy and put there arms around me i snuggled deeper into mommy chest and her blood surrounded me.

hours later i was teared apart from my mommy and daddy police men and firemen tried to console me but i never stopped crying they were only here because there was a fire because the oven was left on. i survived, but mommy and daddy didn't neither did my unborn brother.

                                                                                        *end of dream*                                                                                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------hey guys! that was a rough chapter to write but i got through it! i will try to update tomorrow as soon as i can! keep reading loved by a gang leader to figure out your answer! see ya soon.
~athwal24