Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Savannah's POV

I rinsed my face off with water, to try and reduce the puffiness of my eyes.
I splashed my face with cold water while I thought about what Kenzie said.

'Hunter's a player, you'll probably be another one on his list' Her words echoed in my head. I turned off the running water and wiped my face with the sleeve of my shirt.

Maybe Tiffany was lying. Hunter was only trying to be friendly with her. What did I ever do to her?

What she said hurt, just because I was actually getting closer to Hunter.

Why did he have to be so good-looking?

I needed to talk to him.

The ball rang, signaling that class was over. So I walked out of the bathroom as confident as I could manage, trying to avoid Hunter for the whole day.

***
I walked out of the school after all my classes were over, to meet Kenzie by that tree.

She was fixing her perfect straight blonde hair (which was better than my brown wavy hair) with the camera of her phone. I approached her and she looked up from her "mirror" to greet me.

"Hey!"

"Hi"

Her cheery smile went away. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She hugged me.

"No."

"Let's go get some donuts. That'll cheer you up. I parked over there." She said cheerfully and pointed to her car. She brushed a strand of her hair off her face. She signaled towards her car, which was a Neon, and we walked over there together.

She unlocked the car and she slid into the driver's seat while I got shotgun. I turned on some music and sang along to it softly.

"You should really join choir or something." Kenzie said, half-jokingly.

"Nah, I'm good." I yawned.

I looked out of the window, watching the blur of trees pass by.
"Do you really think Hunter would leave me like that? For Ashley?" I asked quietly.

"That's who Hunter is. He's a player, Sav. The bad boy, definitely not your type." Kenzie said, slightly turning her head from the road ahead of her to look at me.

I didn't respond. How should I respond to that?

I remembered our kiss and all the sparks. It felt so wrong but yet so right. Maybe it didn't mean anything to him.

The rest of the car ride was anything but quiet. Kenzie kept talking on and on about her classes and some guys she met and how her mother was forcing her to participate in sports.

I used to do gymnastics and cheerleading, but then my dad passed and I stopped.

I'm still really flexible though and could still do all those flips and twists.

As we got down from the car, Kenzie and I walked through the plaza. She looped her arm through mine as we walked over to the donut place, passing a bunch of shops.

"oooh, i like those jeans!" She squealed and stuck her face to the window, admiring the skinny jeans the mannequin was wearing.

"Come on. We can go shopping later."

"So are you seeing anybody?" I asked her, after we took our seats at a booth and ordered our donuts.

"Well there's a few guys." Kenzie bit her lip and looked down.

"Who?"

"Well I wanted to tell you but I'm-" She got cut off by a waiter arriving to the table with a box of donuts.

Kenzie's face lit up and I laughed at her expression as she stuffed her mouth with donuts.

"So I made this pledge that this year will be drama free. Which means, no boyfriends." She said through a mouthful of donuts. I would love to see how her little "pledge" is going to work out.

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"These donuts are so good! So what are you gonna say to Hunter when you talk to him?" Kenzie changed the subject, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

I shrugged. "I think I'm thinking to much into this. Hunter's allowed to talk to other girls right?"

"Not when that girl is Ashley. She has the hots for him." Kenzie said it like it was obvious "But maybe you are thinking too much into this."

"I don't know. Why would Tiffany say all that stuff?" I tore off half of a donut and shoved it in my mouth.

"Mmmm." Donuts are wonderful creations.

"She probably said that because she was jealous or just wanted to piss you off." Kenzie stated and shrugged.

"That witch!" I exclaimed.

She laughed her head off and corrected me. "You mean, bitch."

I rolled my eyes and laughed along with her.

We finished eating up our donuts and cleaned up our trash, shoving it in the trash.

"Can you drop me off at my house?" I asked her as we got in the car.

"Yup. You know Savannah, I had this idea that you could help you mom make money by offering singing lessons." Kenzie is probably the only one who knows my family struggles.

"That's not a bad idea. I'll think about it."

"You'd be a great teacher." She poked my ribs.

"Thanks." I smiled at her.

I turned up the music so there wouldn't be a silence as she drove me to my house.

"I had a great time today. We should do this again some other time." I told her.

"Me too! Oh, I completely forgot. So my brother is having a party this weekend because my parents are out of town. You're invited." She told me.

Another party?

Normally, I would've said 'I'm not in the mood' but this is Kenzie's party. So I can't really say no.

"Okay thanks! Bye Kenzie." I waved to her and went up the steps leading to my house. I pushed open the front door, surprised that it was unlocked.

Somebody got up from the couch and I screamed, but relaxed until I noticed it was Hunter.

***
A/N:
Okay guys. I know this is a sort of a late update but I'm really trying to update.

I couldn't update because I had a lot of homework and tests and basketball practices but I'll be updating more now.

BTW, I know this chapter was B-O-R-I-N-G but the next chapter will be a whole lot more interesting.

Vote and Comment please!